troubles with tweaking

martina

Hello everyone,My daughter has had her pump now for 3mths and although we can see the benefits,we are finding it very hard work as we are still up and down most nights.One particular problem we are having is highs at 4pm.Her readings are fine at 3pm but shoot right up by 4pm.I have been gradually raising her basal rate and I was justing wondering what particular time would have to be adjusted to bring the 4pm down? does this vary from person to person.?

annettekp

Hi

I can just tell you the advice we were given bearing in mind Erland has just been on his pump since last Monday. We were told to alter the time from 2 hours before. We've been getting lows at 5am so we've got the pump to change basal rates at 3am. Not that we've cured it yet but maybe tonight! He's now down to 0.05 of a unit.

Doesn't the lack of sleep make you feel lousy? Or is that just me?

Good luck

Annette

martina

Thanks annette,maybe we just havent been putting it up enough.Yes It certainly does,makes everything seem much more difficult as well.I really hope you manage to get the low sorted soon,I have had some really good advice from people on this forum and Im sure you will find it useful too.At times I dont know what I would do without it,Its good to know your not on your own.