8-16hr fast

Siobhan.M

Hi, i reversed my T2D in only 5 months doing a 8-16 hour fast, i work nights so i only eat from 2pm-10pm, i drank water with lemon or coconut water, in between during the 16hrs. After a week it got easier. i also switched from sugar to stevia and to soya milk, the rest of my food stayed the same,i still had a piece of cake in the afternoon. I lost weight which i didnt intent to, i did get hungery but learnt to ignore it, 8 of the fast hrs are sleeping which helped.

Reactions: urbanracer

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I went from type 2 to prediabetic in 80 days eating a low carb and delicious diet which did not make me hungry at all, I have cream in my coffee, but no cake, nothing high carb. I lost weight which I needed to do , without trying. I changed my high carb low fat diet completely. I was so not hungry I have been eating only two meals a day for years, and remain at the top end of normal Hba1c results.
I do not use sweeteners as I do not need to have anything taste sweet.
My meals are about 12 hours apart as that keeps my blood glucose stable.

Reactions: Siobhan.M

Siobhan.M

It will go away with fasting. I fast daily for 20hours, because it feels so good and not at all tiring when i eat all day.
Wow i mean wow !! 20 hrs daily, however my GP said they have been hearing great results about fasting for T2D. I was told i am not T2D now but (glucose intolorent), i'm hoping that goes too, if i keep on with the 8-16 fast, anyone know about that. I'd never heard of it before. Thanks Siobhan

Veryanxious

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Wow i mean wow !! 20 hrs daily, however my GP said they have been hearing great results about fasting for T2D. I was told i am not T2D now but (glucose intolorent), i'm hoping that goes too, if i keep on with the 8-16 fast, anyone know about that. I'd never heard of it before. Thanks Siobhan
If you google about fasting ànd pre diabetes ypu will find lots of info about how it helps people overcome the insulin resistance. My theory is that it will take time for body to heal from metabolic disease.
Keep fasting, take it as a lifestyle change along with general low carb. You should be seeing really good just with these two. I am in Similar situation like yours. I am also mostly insulin resistant from binge eating of 10 years. Fasting improves my glucose immensely and low carb too. Low carb helps with nutrition. Initial days are tuff for me as i always think about food. I was habitual eater, used to eat just to pass my time. I would eat 8 -9 times a day. Stick with it, sweet tooth will go away.

Reactions: ert and Siobhan.M