Prof. Roy Taylor - new book - Daily Mail

LittleGreyCat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Diet drinks - the artificial sweeteners taste vile.
Having to forswear foods I have loved all my life.
Trying to find low carb meals when eating out.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/...t-way-beat-Type-2-diabetes-eat-feel-full.html

Mainly promoting his new book.

I did scroll down as far as the recipes and thought that they were unduly complex for someone who is not a dedicated cook.
I think "fast food" is one of the culprits in bad diet, but I am not convinced that a relatively long preparation time and a long list of ingredients will convince the average T2 to eat the dishes described.

Second picture with the recipes (chicken curry) also seemed to show a bowl of rice, but I couldn't see a mention in the recipe.

Anyway, the Prof is a good bloke (having met him once) and he admitted that if you weren't over weight then a weight loss diet couldn't be guaranteed to reverse T2.
Basically said that if it did you no good it would do you no harm.
So I am a little disappointed to see that the books pretends to be a "how to reverse T2" when all the studies show that it can work for some people (or even a lot of people) but not for everyone.

xfieldok

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
After listening to him on the Today programme, I wouldn't bother.

FantomPoet

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
The serving suggestion for the curry is to serve it with Cauliflower Rice so I guess that is what is pictured as it looks closer to Cauli than normal rice. It's making me hungry :)

Reactions: Lotties

ianf0ster

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
exercise, phone calls
After listening to him on the Today programme, I wouldn't bother.
I know that Dr David Unwin credits Prof Roy Taylor for helping him turn his several n=1 Low Carb patients into scientific evidence.
Before people dismiss the views of somebody who appears in a segment on TV or Radio, they should realise that it is the program producers and/or presenters who frame the discussion and often limit what they can say.

You only need to look at Debandez appearance on TV where she was not allowed to show or talk about her Blood Glucose Monitor.
Or the recent Channel 5 program which featured filmed clips from several HCP's and dieticians etc. including Dr Aseem Malhotra and Dr David Unwin, neither of whom appeared to say what you would expect them to say on such a program. - I suspect that the 'contentious' content was edited out.

LittleGreyCat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Diet drinks - the artificial sweeteners taste vile.
Having to forswear foods I have loved all my life.
Trying to find low carb meals when eating out.
Yes. The article was "as interpreted by" as well.

Lotties

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I know that Dr David Unwin credits Prof Roy Taylor for helping him turn his several n=1 Low Carb patients into scientific evidence.
Before people dismiss the views of somebody who appears in a segment on TV or Radio, they should realise that it is the program producers and/or presenters who frame the discussion and often limit what they can say.

You only need to look at Debandez appearance on TV where she was not allowed to show or talk about her Blood Glucose Monitor.
Or the recent Channel 5 program which featured filmed clips from several HCP's and dieticians etc. including Dr Aseem Malhotra and Dr David Unwin, neither of whom appeared to say what you would expect them to say on such a program. - I suspect that the 'contentious' content was edited out.
A work colleague was interviewed for the radio recently about his business. 'Cut and paste' to present what the radio station wanted to put over is the most charitable way of putting it. Needless to say it was a BBC station.