Tee 2 meter newbie

annmaried

I tested with my shiny new meter It said 74 but other people on here are saying there’s are something point something... anyway I looked it up and 74 is good ? Will try again 2 hours after dinner - had skits earlier so light diet and no metformin ☹️I am 7 months in and doing well I think Last Hbc was 58

Reactions: Rosiegough_

kaylz91

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Where are you? 74 would be mg measurement which is US but in the UK we use mmol and it would be 4.1 which I as a Type 1 wouldn't want to be spending too much time at but as you aren't on medication it wouldn't matter so much xx

HSSS

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Not sure if that meter has the ability to switch between units?

annmaried

Where are you? 74 would be mg measurement which is US but in the UK we use mmol and it would be 4.1 which I as a Type 1 wouldn't want to be spending too much time at but as you aren't on medication it wouldn't matter so much xx
Hello.Thanks I’m Scotland- maybe there is a way to switch . I shall contact the support number that comes with it. Is 4.1 low for T1 ?

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Where are you located? Blood glucose is usually measured in either mg/dl (like yours looks to be, and 74 is very nice :)) or mmol/l.
Here is a converting table:
b008e2c3a190291b1ef57c463cfb0166.png

annmaried

Where are you located? Blood glucose is usually measured in either mg/dl (like yours looks to be, and 74 is very nice :)) or mmol/l.
Here is a converting table:
b008e2c3a190291b1ef57c463cfb0166.png
Thanks I’m from Scotland and just new to testing The glucose monitor was cheapest but I will check it is mmol and not 7.5 Resisted testing but not due to be seen for 6 months so want to keep on track or even come off meds

Reactions: Antje77

maltham 2

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Can you check your reading? The product info on the Tee 2 meter says it has a range of 1.1 to 33.3 mmol/L so a reading of 74 should not be possible.

Last edited:

kaylz91

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello.Thanks I’m Scotland- maybe there is a way to switch . I shall contact the support number that comes with it. Is 4.1 low for T1 ?
Oh hey, I'm Scotland too! :)

Anything below 4 for anyone on hypo causing medications needs to be treated with fast acting glucose and spending too much time that low can cause you to lose hypo awareness, lost it a few times spending too much time in the 4's and don't want to go back there lol xx

annmaried

I think I maybe 7.5 as the monitor doesn’t register that other number!! May all your numbers be high ( but only over 4)

Sosgez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Being bitten by cats. And women.
I tested with my shiny new meter It said 74 but other people on here are saying there’s are something point something... anyway I looked it up and 74 is good ? Will try again 2 hours after dinner - had skits earlier so light diet and no metformin ☹️I am 7 months in and doing well I think Last Hbc was 58
Could it be 7.4 mmol? That would be quite realistic.