Have you used sumifon diabetic patch to lower blood sugar

Kel500

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I am thinking off using the patch for lowering my blood sugars can you tell me what you think

Hotpepper20000

I wouldn’t use it. It claims to raise insulin levels. If it is true, as a type two I already have too much insulin my body doesn’t know what to do with.
My goal with eating low carb is to prevent excess insulin response.

D

Deleted member 308541

I am thinking off using the patch for lowering my blood sugars can you tell me what you think
I managed lowering my bgl by going LCHF, which includes eating plenty of meat, so no need to use a "patch"...
4F2mf.gif

Reactions: EllieM and Jaylee

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I think those patches are a wonderful way for the manufacturer to make money by exploiting the fears of people who have heard they have a chronic condition.

EllieM

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
forum bugs
I wouldn’t use it. It claims to raise insulin levels.

Then as a T1, it wouldn't work for me at all (no insulin production to raise). As a T2, the issue is too much insulin, so it doesn't sound that useful. (Though presumably it's similar to gliclazide etc?).

I'd also want to see some real medical studies to demonstrate its safety and efficacy.

simonr1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People telling me "You can't eat this and You can't eat that." and of course " You don't look Diabetic!"
If these are the patches you stick on the stomach over the belly button I wouldn't waste your money. I did a lot of research on these when they started to pop up on my FB newsfeed. I have a degree in Biochemistry and am a Science teacher, so have a good background in science. None of them have had any scientific testing carried out. When asked I asked to see the research papers or a link to where the paper was published I was either ignored or told it was to complicated, I then hit them with my Biochem knowledge, and in one case insulted and told to "stop F**king comenting.". I have been blocked by a number of the suppliers from commenting. I have also been successful in getting a number of these adverts removed from FB. One claimed to lower the blood glucose level when the ingredients would actually increase the glucose level.

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I have already lowered my glucose levels kept them down simply by reducing the amount of carbohydrate I eat - so why ever should I pay good money for something I don't need.