Dr Ted Naiman - the P:E (Protein:Energy) Diet

AloeSvea

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Hi @Winnie53 - I usually do screenshots, which my millenial daughter thinks is hillarious, just cos it's very easy to.
But I will go back in and investigate (it might be too big to do that with in one go, but I will see... and maybe even do something a bit more technologically advanced!)

AloeSvea

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
I think that they want you to buy the e-book (of course!). so the graphic is not downloadable, to my understanding.

My usual screen shots, alas, are too big and I don't want to muck around shrinking the shots. (Sorry! I need to get to work...)

I like the food graphics as it reminds me of the wonderful user-friendliness of the atkins program - which really helped me in the low-carbing stakes - back in the first six months after diagnosis days. (Pictures on my fridge!)

This is why I am going to recommend this diet program to a sister in law who wants to lose weight, made the mistake of telling me I think, as she talked about exercise as the way to do it. "When it comes to weight loss," I said, "you can't get away from it being about food. I am really sorry." (or some such.) "To some degree, you need to be like me, and focus on the food you are eating, rather than hills you are climbing. Hill climbing is really good for your cardio vascular health - but for weight loss - it's about the food."

But I have been noticing more and more, as I watch TV shows and movies, that when they portray a weight loss routine - they nearly always focus on exercise - not what food folks are eating - as in the normal day to day food for meals, not 'just' cutting down on the obvious high carb-high bad fats highly processed snacks. (I was watching most recently '15:17 to Paris', with Spencer going from pudgy to big and strong, and 'Brittany runs a marathon' with Latina Brittany in real life, a blonde germanic scando type in the movie losing weight and muscling up...)

My feeling is this is because we live in interesting times (read 'conflicted' - 'intensely conflicted') about what constitutes a good weight loss diet, with strong corporate counter-push in Big Food lobbying for the focus to be on exercise rather than on their products, and story tellers, and youtube weight losers buying the propaganda - they way we do because propaganda is designed that way. (Our very own 'Me too!' movement?)

Anyway - I am going to recommend this, and Atkins, to my sister in law, for easy usability and good nutrtional and weight loss sense. She will not respond to the cute buff lean muscley guys thing of Naiman and his mate though. Me personally - me neither. I liked the Paleo for that as I felt it included me as a middle aged woman. Paleo is pretty similar to this I think, because I focussed on upping my protein, a lot, and my fats, when I started out on that way of eating. (Just to remind - I lost 20-30 kg which I never gained back. So from overweight/obese to normal weighted. So I consider myself a weight loss success story. My problem is in getting lean - I can get there, but I can't maintain it. To ditch the prediabetes/diabetes BG levels...)

Last edited:

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
cook dinners without animal fats or dairy.

He doesn't add extra fats but just eats the fats along with the protein that the meat comes with.
I'm guessing he barbecues most meals (as do I ) so doesn't add extra fat.

I want to download Naiman's book to my computer

That's the only way to get the book its only available on download. from here for $20

https://www.thepediet.com

Winnie53

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
bulkbiker, I don't use animal fat to pan fry meat, but eat both animal protein and fats with vegetables for all meals. I can cut back the fat somewhat. In the interview, Naiman said you can download the book to a Tablet or Kindle, but didn't mention whether or not you can download to a computer. That's what's throwing me...

My husband does have an old Kindle, so many download to that.

AloeSvea, television programs focusing more on exercise than food makes sense from the perspective of what the food industry wants. After all, the food and pharmaceutical industries are the customer... Our role is to behave like sheep, following wherever they lead us. This is one of the reasons I choose not to have a television.

Indy51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
bulkbiker, I don't use animal fat to pan fry meat, but eat both animal protein and fats with vegetables for all meals. I can cut back the fat somewhat. In the interview, Naiman said you can download the book to a Tablet or Kindle, but didn't mention whether or not you can download to a computer. That's what's throwing me...

My husband does have an old Kindle, so many download to that.

AloeSvea, television programs focusing more on exercise than food makes sense from the perspective of what the food industry wants. After all, the food and pharmaceutical industries are the customer... Our role is to behave like sheep, following wherever they lead us. This is one of the reasons I choose not to have a television.
A PDF file is pretty much downloadable and readable on almost all devices that I know of, including any computer. All the device needs is Adobe or other PDF software. Most are preloaded with something that will allow you to view PDFs.

Reactions: Winnie53
M

Member496333

Winnie53

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
It's worth a listen. It showed up in my YouTube feed this morning. I pay attention to those who have extensive clinical experience. He's been using the low carb diet with patients for 20 years.