Confused and depressed. Give me advice pls.

Teddy pink

After being a rebel I returned to my meds and had been taking them religiously for past 10 days(medications:
1.jalra m 50/500 x2 a day
2.reclide 40mg x1 a day
Lantus 10 units once a day)
and today I had a follow up and my fbs was 193mg/dl and ppbs was 355mg/dl. Now I was asked to increase my doses
Medications now:
1.jalra m50/500x2 a day
2.reclide 40mg x 2 a day
3.lantus 14 units once
Don't u think it's too much medications for a 20 year old.what will it end up in if I gain tolerance to the drugs at a earlier age itself.?

novorapidboi26

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
So you have been stopping the meds to lose weight.....?

That's unfortunate.....but that is definitely something you need professional help with....

NicoleC1971

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
After being a rebel I returned to my meds and had been taking them religiously for past 10 days(medications:
1.jalra m 50/500 x2 a day
2.reclide 40mg x1 a day
Lantus 10 units once a day)
and today I had a follow up and my fbs was 193mg/dl and ppbs was 355mg/dl. Now I was asked to increase my doses
Medications now:
1.jalra m50/500x2 a day
2.reclide 40mg x 2 a day
3.lantus 14 units once
Don't u think it's too much medications for a 20 year old.what will it end up in if I gain tolerance to the drugs at a earlier age itself.?
Hello. Sorry you are struggling. Diabetes drugs won't make your diabetes better as they just control your bgs but as you are finding out taking more of them does lead to further resistance to your own insulin and the lantus you're taking. In other words you will end up increasing the doses. Tolerance is a useful concept and you're right to be concerned.
If I were you I'd think about dietary solutions to the problem. Take a look at Jason Fung's video on why it is wrong to treat type 2 with insulin.

I'd hope you'd want to fight for your health and improving things via dietary means could help you mental health too: