My sugar levels are low

Adel1988

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Other
Hi everyone I’ve just checked my sugar levels and there 2.12 very low what should I do I’ve eaten sweets and had Sweets what should I do

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Test again 15 minutes after eating sweets to see if you're safe again.

nomoredonuts

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Current American Presidents.
How long have you been Type 2 and how are your blood sugars normally?

kaylz91

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Are you on any medication? If you didn't feel at all odd then I personally would've retested as I would be able to post on here with a blood sugar of 2.1 and wouldn't for sometime after

miahara

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Insulin
Reaction time to an intake of carbs or more specifically glucose does seem to vary between individuals. It also varies with the type of glucose – sweets, tablets or juice one takes and also to what one is doing as exercise can impact significantly. For a while I stuck to the ‘retest after 15 minutes and if BG hasn’t risen take more glucose.’ But discovered that it takes longer than 15 minutes for me to react with the consequence that I would take more carbs/glucose and then end up with my BG rocketing skywards.
The quickest fix comes with carbs/glucose in liquid form such as Glucojuice or’ Lift’ as it doesn’t have to dissolve in the digestive tract. Sweets per se vary in carb content, Jelly Babies are a bit over 5g each so eating 2 should in theory bring your BG up by 2 to 3 mmol.
In your particular case at present, I'd suggest you don't panic as your BG will start to rise after those sweets!