What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
6.1 today.
So many have morning readings around 5 here, I thought 6 was an ok number but I wonder if I need to look into what I can do to have it lower in the morning?
I'm only on basal insulin in the morning so far (taking it 1h from now).
Don’t be put off by others’ lower numbers, @Sgathach . 6.1 is fine. I would be happy with that.

I am not on insulin, so hope someone who is will be happy to give benefit of their experience?

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I got up when it was dark, cramp in my legs, and didn’t test right away. Put some salt grains in my mouth to see it that would help relieve the cramp. It did. Went back to sleep and woke up very very late, with 6.2. That will have to do, but it spoiled my run of 5s. C’est la vie.

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
6.1 today.
So many have morning readings around 5 here, I thought 6 was an ok number but I wonder if I need to look into what I can do to have it lower in the morning?
I'm only on basal insulin in the morning so far (taking it 1h from now).
hi sgathach 6 is a great number i feel best between 6-8 dont be worring about other peoples numbers we are all different xx

ert

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
diabetes
fasting
Had some shortbread biscuits last night. Tried to run them off before bedtime. Was fine overnight but my sugars jumped up from 6 to 8.1 upon rising. I've behaved myself today (my husband ate the biscuits.)