Type 1'stars R Us

ArtemisBow

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Badge for me, woke on a 5.3 and libre shows it was fairly steady all night.

Another day of colouring, playing in the garden, baking, jigsaws, maybe a walk in the woods later - has been a bit busier there last few days as the bluebells are out. Still not too hard to avoid others though.

Sorry to those having BG trouble, I hate making changes just before bed too, I never sleep well if I’ve just done a cannula change or taken a big correction.

Reactions: karen8967

kev-w

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Good morning, 6.1 waking after a nice fat Indian curry for tea (2 nights running :p) so I'm pleased about that, I'm putting a little weight on but am injecting more too, I 'bumped' into a mate yesterday whilst out on the bike and funnily enough he was riding the same 17.5 miles as me :) (at a safe distance of course). The B&Q trip was a success and my stud wall now is covered in plasterboard even though they didn't have the sheets their website said they had.

So today's about fitting beading and hoping to avoid skimming the wall as I'm papering tho I've a couple of bags of multifinish left if needed, and a bike ride though I'm now riding the routes in the opposite direction....

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Morning chaps, started the day on a 6.2 so I’ll take that. On shift at 0800 but no job until after 11, so we’re trundling over the mountain to have a free breakfast at the hospital. I’ll have eggs, probably! I feel sorry for my crewmate, I’ve got eggs for lunch too... hahaha

@MeiChanski - I’m sorry your PPE situation is so dire, not sure what suggest other than to keep as safe as you can x

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.
I find the Fiasp and Levrmir I use lose their power as the cartridge begins to think about retiring to the bin, usually anywhere from 10 to 14 days after I started them. Is your Novo still youthful @Tony337? Lack of the so called normal day and energy use is a b***** too isn’t it. Have you always been resistant to insulin?

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
You’re making me feel hungry @LooperCat, but I’ll go for the full English, healthy, sensible or not - it’s been a long time . . .

Reactions: kev-w

slip

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Even after 45 years of it i'm still scared of not waking up.

Why worry, you won't know about it anyway.......:playful:

Morning all, steady-ish weekend - messed up the other night by doing novorapid instead of levemir before bed, impending drop didn't happen thanks to some midnight Snickers bars - which I love.

Rotavator nightmare continues, the other evening whilst using it it sheared a bolt, then shook itself apart a bit more, lost another bolt then the fuel tank detached itself catastrophically.........the good news is after 'servicing' the old tank and carb it seems to be running even better now - although there's still one issue to sort/part to arrive. And the 'finishing' mower is now going too and lawns mowed yesterday - but again 1 issue to resolve which hopefully will be quick and easy fix after work today.

Reactions: kev-w and hh1

Japes

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Afternoon all!

Somewhat Useless Line Manager's Utterly Splendid Line Manager (USLM Line Managed me before SULM and does it well, but then went and got promoted) has just firmly instructed me that I will only be called on to come in to support students if absolutely necessary. That is, only for students who know me already and respond well to my unique ways or any of the T1 students, though, as far as I know, they are all shielding. I did get a "I know we can use you with any of the ones we may be getting in." comment and thanks for a clear offer of support.

Given the single figure numbers I was told for the whole establishment, and the number of my colleagues who I already know volunteered very fast to be called in on a rota basis, none of whom have any "underlying health conditions" (oh, how I am hating that phrase at the moment) I think I can rely on being home for the duration.

I am pleased to report the cutting out of bread and reducing other carbs has been successful on all fronts, one week into the experiment. Jeans do up again, blood sugars have leveled out again, and joints have stopped aching. Sad that me and bread have broken up forever, but I lived without it during my misdiagnosed T2 days, and remember feeling better without it then. Ah well...

Reactions: kev-w

hh1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning all, not sure what happened overnight, went to bed on 5 something, woke on 11.3, no hypo and a pretty low carb dinner. Must have dreamt about eating something naughty :hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:

Have a good day all, hope your bgs behave better than mine did and stay safe.

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
A couple of corrections during the night led to a 3.7 on waking, so early breakfast and running fairly steady now. Hope the new cartridges have found their stride.
Next door neighbours have another visit from the rat catcher this morning so it’s inside for a bit for us. Not seen a single rat in our garden since the cat caught one but maybe they know the best places to hide. Said next door neighbour ‘What with rats and politicians . . . ‘. Have to say, I quite like rats, but I know they get a bad press.

kev-w

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Good morning, 4.4 waking after the third curry night in a row :) I didn't bother cycling yesterday as I cracked on with the stud wall and lost all sight of the time, snacking when the miaomiao alarm went off and was starving when I finished, hence the curry but I'll have to cook myself, or for myself tonight.

There's a 'fresh' easterly wind blowing at the moment so I'm waiting till later hoping it drops before going for a bike ride.

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Nice day today apart from the wildfires in our village last night desecrating over 35 hectares of mountainside. Saw the beginnings of another on the way home too, like the emergency services aren’t stretched enough. The BBC and ITV asked permission to use my photos, which I gladly gave - https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-wales-52366509 Then the Daily (hate) Mail asked too and I can’t post word-for-word what my reply was, but it contained the words “grimy”, “fascist”, “racist” and “rag” with some of my characteristic added flair.

Bloods in the 7s most of the day, something to do with the phase of the moon :D

Rest day tomorrow, I plan to do some study. Let’s hope that happens. I managed to track down the holy grail of broccoli and aubergines today on the way home, so dinner is sorted!

Hope you’re all keeping well, I’m aware my recent posts tend to be more bulletins as opposed to properly engaging with you all, but I read all your posts with great interest x

Reactions: Japes and kev-w

hh1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Nice day today apart from the wildfires in our village last night desecrating over 35 hectares of mountainside. Saw the beginnings of another on the way home too, like the emergency services aren’t stretched enough. The BBC and ITV asked permission to use my photos, which I gladly gave - https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-wales-52366509 Then the Daily (hate) Mail asked too and I can’t post word-for-word what my reply was, but it contained the words “grimy”, “fascist”, “racist” and “rag” with some of my characteristic added flair.

Bloods in the 7s most of the day, something to do with the phase of the moon :D

Rest day tomorrow, I plan to do some study. Let’s hope that happens. I managed to track down the holy grail of broccoli and aubergines today on the way home, so dinner is sorted!

Hope you’re all keeping well, I’m aware my recent posts tend to be more bulletins as opposed to properly engaging with you all, but I read all your posts with great interest x
Hey, great pics Mel but ludicrous that someone would do this at any time, let alone now. Nice work with the hate rag!

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Good morning, hope you are all well and staying safe.
I've a few days off, having a break from the forum and have been enjoying the beautiful weather here. Going out for an exercise walk this morning after washing the floors, then a couple of hours this afternoon soaking up the sun, either reading, knitting or chatting with daughter <3 :happy:.
Just remembered must put the bins out very soon.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Even after 45 years of it i'm still scared of not waking up.

Hi Tony, well your'e still here after 45 years with Type 1, so here's to many more years of waking up and enjoying the day:)

Reactions: Tony337

slip

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning all, same again today, a bit elevated but that cheeky correction before my morning dog walk and all is good, I wonder if this is going to be my new normal? (appears to be a bit of DP and FOTF)

Funny thing yesterday, I contacted a seller on ebay about not receiving an item that I ordered nearly 3 weeks ago and they dispatched via Royal Mail in a timely manner - had given it plenty of time as we know everything and everybody is up in the air at the mo plus my local post office shenanigans but 3 weeks I thought was plenty, they said if I could just give it another few days etc etc. which I said I could but we'd had other stuff delivered ordered after this......and then the postie delivers it 5mins after that! Spooky!

Reactions: kev-w and Marie 2

hh1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning all, same again today, a bit elevated but that cheeky correction before my morning dog walk and all is good, I wonder if this is going to be my new normal? (appears to be a bit of DP and FOTF)

Funny thing yesterday, I contacted a seller on ebay about not receiving an item that I ordered nearly 3 weeks ago and they dispatched via Royal Mail in a timely manner - had given it plenty of time as we know everything and everybody is up in the air at the mo plus my local post office shenanigans but 3 weeks I thought was plenty, they said if I could just give it another few days etc etc. which I said I could but we'd had other stuff delivered ordered after this......and then the postie delivers it 5mins after that! Spooky!
I'm now singing the theme to The Twilight Zone...doo de doo doo, doo de doo doo....

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Morning all, superb pics Mel, but what a lot of ******** the ones responsible are. Liking your words to the Daily Pail. Yes!
High this morning, I just rolled over instead of doing the usual early hours correct last night and now I’m paying for it. I’ve decided to ditch the Libre Link and just use the MM for a while. MM doesn’t like working alongside the Libre Link and goes all sulky-inaccurate. I want those more or less trusted alerts again. My levels aren’t too bad, but if I’m busy, or reading, or walking, or anything really, I just get caught up in what I’m doing, and I’d like them to be lower. Time to juggle basal again too.