Waterproof foot covers

bigbilly1949

Type of diabetes
Type 2
i have dressings on my feet. Does anyone know of any waterproof covers I can buy so that I can go swimming with my grandchildren when on holiday. I have one for showering but it is too bulky. Thank you

Bittern

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
There are things called verruca socks which are thin close fitting neoprene or latex socks, my kids used them, they may work. They are available from chemists and on line and a fairly cheap. Try a pair in the bath and see what happens. they may need some waterproof tape around the ankle.

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
Last edited:

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
i have dressings on my feet. Does anyone know of any waterproof covers I can buy so that I can go swimming with my grandchildren when on holiday. I have one for showering but it is too bulky. Thank you

Bigbilly - I imagine that something useful for the few minutes duration of a shower and somethings for "swimming" would be very different. For showering, it's run off water, but "swimming" your foot is likely submerged in water.

I only use "swimming" in inverted commas, as much of my own "swimming" on holidays doesn't involve a huge amount of actual swimming. It tends to be paddling, paddling a bit deeper, and bobbing around in the water.

I think that in order for foot covers to be effective if submerged in water, they have to be a snug fit. If not snug, then very snug?

Depending on why you have dressings on your feet (and I'm not asking you to reveal anything you don't want to), then anything tight on your feet might be a good or a very bad idea.

Have you considered asking your doctor, or a podiatrist about this?