Libre and glucose meter

UsmanMo96

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi all,

I have checked my libre and I'm at 5.9
I have checked on glucose monitor and I'm at 13.8.

I know the weather is hot and the heat can effect the test strips and meters but what can I do? My libre is usually only 1 point of from the glucose meter

If anyone has had this problem please let me know.

Rokaab

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Sometimes the libre can just be horribly wrong, one wrong reading I tend to ignore, but if its out by a long way for multiple readings then you'll need to contact Abbott who will replace it for you, you may also want to retest using the test strips in case its the wrong one - especially if you feel high.

TashT1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Abbott advised me to do the finger prick test 10 minutes before scanning the Libra to allow for the time lag.

I was impressed with their service, a few questions & a replacement arrived less than 24hrs later.

They ask for 3 readings so just keep an eye on it & call them on Monday, I don’t think they have a weekend number but I may be wrong.

UsmanMo96

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Looks like this libre sensor has been giving me false readings im upset but Monday i will call them and let them know

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200801-171430_LibreLink.jpg
    Screenshot_20200801-171430_LibreLink.jpg
    108.2 KB · Views: 138

Rokaab

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Looks like this libre sensor has been giving me false readings im upset but Monday i will call them and let them know
Sometimes they can just fail just like any other tech, as said they will want readings from both the libre and your blood test meter for comparative purposes to show it was incorrect, also if you do take it off before you talk to them, do keep hold of it as they will want it back.

UsmanMo96

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Sometimes they can just fail just like any other tech, as said they will want readings from both the libre and your blood test meter for comparative purposes to show it was incorrect, also if you do take it off before you talk to them, do keep hold of it as they will want it back.

I have 2 days left on the libre. I will keep it on and then see what they say, i honestly thought i had good control, im very upset because i just ate a few sweets to get it back up but my metre will probably go up even higher

Rokaab

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I have 2 days left on the libre. I will keep it on and then see what they say, i honestly thought i had good control, im very upset because i just ate a few sweets to get it back up but my metre will probably go up even higher
It can be very very inaccurate when it shows less than 5 - even when it is working fine - if it shows less than 5 you should always confirm with a blood test - and they do state that

UsmanMo96

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
It can be very very inaccurate when it shows less than 5 - even when it is working fine - if it shows less than 5 you should always confirm with a blood test - and they do state that

I still do finger pricks but, its easier when out to just scan but my meter when it said 13.8 i was very shocked because i went to gym too but i only checked it 1 hour after. Also i had eggs in the morning

JMoli

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I have a dodgy Libre sensor just now - my finger prick reading was 12 after my breakfast, Libre said 16 and the Bubble said 20!?! I guess you can get the odd one with wild readings although I usually find they stabilise after two days

UsmanMo96

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I have a dodgy Libre sensor just now - my finger prick reading was 12 after my breakfast, Libre said 16 and the Bubble said 20!?! I guess you can get the odd one with wild readings although I usually find they stabilise after two days

this is my new sensor, so far it’s showing signs of accuracy shall wait and see how well it is and the accuracy but I’m happy with my new sensor.

Attachments

• FB292FB1-BFE6-48D1-972A-713FD93A5007.jpeg
    FB292FB1-BFE6-48D1-972A-713FD93A5007.jpeg
    23.7 KB · Views: 107