Loosing weight too fast

P.Lockwood

I have had this problem since I was diagnosed in 2005, I would say I have quite a balenced diet eating 3-4 meals a day with some snacks in between. But no matter how I try I have always steadily lost weight witch has become quite a problem recently as I have fallen into the (underweight) bracket, does anyone know anythings I could try or if it is my diabetes doing this or an external factor.

Rokaab

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
It would help if you could fill in your profile so which know which Type of Diabetes you have and what medications you are taking (if any) for it - this information will mean people can give a more directed reply :)

Undiagnosed Type1 often causes weight loss, undiagnosed Coeliac Disease caused me to slowly but surely lose weight, but there are probably many things that could cause it, so we need a few more details from you :)

Edit: so after writing that I realised you've posted in the T1 section, doh, how have your blood sugar levels been, high levels and not enough insulin may be contributing

P.Lockwood

It would help if you could fill in your profile so which know which Type of Diabetes you have and what medications you are taking (if any) for it - this information will mean people can give a more directed reply :)

Undiagnosed Type1 often causes weight loss, undiagnosed Coeliac Disease caused me to slowly but surely lose weight, but there are probably many things that could cause it, so we need a few more details from you :)

Edit: so after writing that I realised you've posted in the T1 section, doh, how have your blood sugar levels been, high levels and not enough insulin may be contributing
For the past year my monitoring for my diabetes has been very well keeping withing my ranges of 4-7 roughly 92% of my tests, the years previous I went through a stage where I started to not care for my diabetes as much anymore which made my hb1c count way above where it should be. However whitest I was going through those years I was actually able to gain a slight bit of weight making me teeter totter on the line of being balanced and under.
I use a accua check aviva expert which calculates my insulin dosage and have recently done a carb counting course, I inject with novorapid for meals and tojeo for long acting (cant spell it apologies.)