Type 2 Blood Glucose Mornitoring.

tayelola

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Is there any other means by which blood glucose could be mornitored apart from finger pricking for those of us not on insulin?

jim1951

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Is there any other means by which blood glucose could be mornitored apart from finger pricking for those of us not on insulin?

Freestyle Libre system which gives 15 minute auto reads?

jim1951

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
What auto reads?

Upload the reader into LibreView and download reports into Excel. You will have 96 automatic readings in each 24 hour period as long as you scan at least every 8 hours.

This a great report to monitor trends.

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Upload the reader into LibreView and download reports into Excel. You will have 96 automatic readings in each 24 hour period as long as you scan at least every 8 hours.

This a great report to monitor trends.

Hi,

Using a MM & xDrip with a Libre gives linear BG trend readings every 5 minutes straight to hand held device (Phone.) or compatible smart watch.. :) (It can be calibrated on these devices to the meter too.. )

xfieldok

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I don't use the reader and couldn't find a way of uploading my phone. I may be missing out!

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I don't use the reader and couldn't find a way of uploading my phone. I may be missing out!

Hi, I haven't logged into "libre link" in a while..? (For the benefit of this topic, I just did.?)
It was ages ago, but when I downloaded the app on my phone. (I don't use a reader. Self fund.) I set it up online. (It's kind of like "cloud"based "Dropbox" like storage?)

Edited to add, I use a different app that can be calibrated with a CGM style Bluetooth set up sent to my watch & phone.

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@tayelola - Are you still living overseas (to the UK)? If so, you might want to check if the Freestyle Libre is available to you. It is manufactured by Abbott.

I think they're available almost anywhere now.

Andydragon

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I looked at the Libre. Looked at the price and went back to finger pricking but I don’t need to do it a lot

tayelola

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@tayelola - Are you still living overseas (to the UK)? If so, you might want to check if the Freestyle Libre is available to you. It is manufactured by Abbott.

I think they're available almost anywhere now.
I must thank you all for your comments. In response to @DCUKMod I live in Nigeria but have no idea of the Freestyle Libre.

EllieM

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
forum bugs
I must thank you all for your comments. In response to @DCUKMod I live in Nigeria but have no idea of the Freestyle Libre.

Googling suggests it isn't available there, though you might be able to source it on ebay. The dexcom (an even more expensive cgm which includes alarms if your blood sugar goes out of range, and is likely to be overkill for anyone not on insulin) appears to be available in South Africa and Egypt, but I can't see any other African countries when I quickly look at its supply areas. (Disclaimer, the countries are identified by flag and the name in the country's own language and script, so I've probably missed some). You'd think Nigeria would be the next to get supplied after those two?

https://www.dexcom.com/global