Needle phobia

GerryBolger

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
All, pre-diabetic and possibly now T2; my fastings are coming in over 6.6 mmol (6 months ago) and my last A1b (Im in France so they measure it slightly different) was 56 (which is top end of normal) that was over a year ago. I had a fasting blood glucose done at a lab on Friday and expevcting it to be 6.6 or higher.

I'm thinking of getting a Freestyle Libre and MiaoMiao to get a continuous and note. Anyone else taking this approach?

Emile_the_rat

Type of diabetes
Type 1.5
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi there

I just saw «needle phobia» and thought I might as well click-in and hopefully give some calm words.

I too had needle phobia, as a kid I wouldn’t just freak out when I had to get vaccinated, or when the doctor did some blood work. I would freak out just from the mere sight of a needle or something remarkably sharp.

Back then, I wouldn’t image ever being able to poke myself with a needle. If someone would tell me that I had to give myself shots, for the rest of my life to survive, I would probably laugh it all off and tell them that I wouldn’t be able to do it.

Strange thing, when life throws an illness at you, were you have to face your biggest «fairs», you will adapt. I do not have a needle phobia anymore, I won’t go as far as to say that I love needles now, but I do not mind them.

So it will get better, you will eventually get used to needles, and experience that it could have been way worse ;)