Liqueurs?

Tripp

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Hi all,
First time posting

I've avoided so much for so many years since I was diagnosed type 2.
This year I wanted to find out if there is any liqueurs that would be safe.
My favourites used to be Baileys and mead but I'd assume that both are packed with sugar.
Really want to know what people recommend, including any cocktails would be awesome.

Thanks

sno0opy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
It totally depends how your approaching things. Yes they contain sugar, a single measure contains around 10 to 12 grams of carbs .

So a single or double for me would be fine, for others on very low carb would be most of the carb allocation for the day.

If your not on ultra low carbs, try a bit and test see how.you go. Either way I wouldn't go mad on it.

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi all,
First time posting

I've avoided so much for so many years since I was diagnosed type 2.
This year I wanted to find out if there is any liqueurs that would be safe.
My favourites used to be Baileys and mead but I'd assume that both are packed with sugar.
Really want to know what people recommend, including any cocktails would be awesome.

Thanks

A few folks have made low carb creamy liquers. The sweet, syrupy things aren't and never were my bag, so I'll stick with a nice cognac, a decent malt or even one of the infused gin style drinks, without adding any sugar.

lessci

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Try whisky (or whiskey) with double cream, not exactly a Baileys, (I think that's there's some chocolate/cocoa in that)

DamePeggy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
It's all about what works for you! I live in Spain where it's the normal to be given a "shot" [small liquer] at the end of your meal or even after a couple of "normal" drinks if you are a bar regular - I quickly found that these affect me terribly...might as well just swallow a bag of sugar! Bailey's was a real favourite of mine but now I limit to special occasions, mindful of what I've eaten beforehand! Again, the Spanish rarely measure the drinks, especially if you are a regular customer - one Bailey's is probable equal to 3 single measure, if not more! One of those on an evening out is more than enough! You have to try/test and see how it goes...moderation in all things! X

Reactions: Lily1042