Libre & running

KK123

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
My libre falls out within 10 mins of running, any advice?

Hi, maybe wear a sticky film over it, something like tegadrem which is a transparent thin medical type dressing. I use them and they work well. x

Hill28

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Uhm..diabetes

when i start running, my libre will start to indicate upgoing bg levels for about the first 10/15 minutes. I usually have to to stop after 10 minutes and walk for a little while, to stop the upgoing trend. My bg levels will then stabalize and I can run for about 30 minutes, until my bg will start dropping.

my sensor sometimes gets confused too, especially when there is an upgoing trend that switches quickly into a downgoing one.

I think it could help your sensor to stop running after 10 minutes and walk for a little while. Your bg level might stabalize as well and that will give your sensor the chance to find out what is going on. After some minutes the sensor should be fine again and you can take off ;)

Hill28

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Uhm..diabetes
Would the libre not come out when taking tape off?
Yes it will come off most of the times with most tapes, so make sure the tape will last as long as the sensor. I use Hansaplast Sport tape (it’s black) and thats really good tape. That one i even managed to get off leaving my sensor on (it was end of lifetime sensor anyway) still i wouldnt take the risk and just leave the tape on until the sensor expires.

ert

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
diabetes
fasting
Would the libre not come out when taking tape off?
I replace the kinesiology tape every week without removing the sensor and MM with it. It comes off by holding the senor with one hand and pealing it gently off with the other.

fingerpain

I recently attended Freestyle Libre training for my daughter (T1D) and tried few for long stay.

1) while applying first time make sure there are no oil or cream in the skin - this would give strong binding

2) try not to place exactly under arm which get rubbed with the body and fall off.

3) try using arm band over the sensor which keep other part of body rubbing it while running (be cautious, some arm band are too tight which reduce the blood flow - I would suggest cut the finger side of the socks and use it as armband; My daughter wear everyday before bed to avoid rubbing the hand on mattress/ wrong position in deep sleep)