Moving to China

Hi, I am Jason and I am Type II. I am moving to China in the new year and would be interested to hear the experiences of others moving abroad with the condition. :)

copepod

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I guess it depends on where you are going to live in China, waht you are doing there, for how long, what medication you use and if health insurance is arranged through employer?

Ruder1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Manchester City
I have been livng in China (Shanghai) for a year having moved from UK and have been admitted into hospital for serious heart problem. Health care here depends on your ability to pay so adequate insurance needs to be in place. The care I received was very good but translation was difficult so having someone who knows you and speaks chinese is invluable. I was also advised by my consultant in the UK to use drugs precribed from the UK, as I return every 3 months I can do this ok but maybe something you want to consider. Most insulins are available as well as oral drugs in shanghai but again make sure you have good insurance cover. I'm not sure about where you will based but I strongly suspect the supply of drugs may not be as good as they are in a large city like shanghai. Anything more specific please shout..