lipohypertrophy

MarkHaZ123

Just noticed tonight an area at the top of my leg which is raised like ba bump under my skin. It has been an area Iv consistently been injecting into so I'm sure it will be lipohypertrophy.

Iv always been meaning to move areas for injecting but with always doing it I just forget to move around. The last few days Iv moved around more than before

Anyway has anyone had this? What's the best thing? Just to leave it and let it go before using the site again but always remembering to move around

Thanks

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Just to leave it and let it go before using the site again but always remembering to move around
emoji23.png
Yes, exactly this!

Reactions: MarkHaZ123

NicoleC1971

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hope it isn't this bad! Yes pre pump I had lumpy bits but pump means little and often dosing plus low carb so less bolus anyway helps me such that the only lumps are caused by excess chcoolate.
A-Abdominal-picture-of-Lipohypertrophic-patient-B-Abdominal-picture-of-normal-patient.png

MarkHaZ123

Hope it isn't this bad! Yes pre pump I had lumpy bits but pump means little and often dosing plus low carb so less bolus anyway helps me such that the only lumps are caused by excess chcoolate.
A-Abdominal-picture-of-Lipohypertrophic-patient-B-Abdominal-picture-of-normal-patient.png
Uuuh they are nasty. Suppose with the pump you can't just spread around so end up like that
Thankfully mine is just a raised area under the skin but noticed bleeding more from injections so when reading found this was part of it

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Uuuh they are nasty. Suppose with the pump you can't just spread around so end up like that
Thankfully mine is just a raised area under the skin but noticed bleeding more from injections so when reading found this was part of it
The pictures are likely the effect of injections, not pumps.
What area's are you rotating your injections? Thee's a lot of skin to cover, even for the skinny ones.

NicoleC1971

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I think you do get some slight issues with the pump but given I am having 0.7-0.8 units per hour and 1-3 units as a bolus I am not so worried. Stomach's a mess after 3 c sections anyway!