New here

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Other
Just been told by the doctors receptionist im type 2 great !
Got to go in few weeks to see the nurse so no idea if need medication or not .ive already started to change my diet a few weeks ago as it scared the **** out of but im really struggling with breakfast i start work at 7.45 so no way am i cooking eggs ever morning. I do likemy porridge it quick easy and filling any ideas of quick easy fixes or any cereals that are passable x

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi and welcome!

Cold meats/cheese?

Cook boiled eggs the night before and eat cold?

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Other
Oh dear i may vomit at the thought .i love those things but first thing in a morning its a no yikes i may struggle at the first hurdle

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Full fat Greek yoghurt is surprisingly filling, less work than porridge or even cereal and low carb.

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Got to go in few weeks to see the nurse so no idea if need medication or not .ive already started to change my diet a few weeks ago as it scared the **** out of but im really struggling with breakfast i start work at 7.45 so no way am i cooking eggs ever morning. I do likemy porridge it quick easy and filling any ideas of quick easy fixes or any cereals that are passable x
Coffee with double cream and don't eat util lunchtime? Extend your overnight fast.
What was your diagnosis HbA1c so we can see how far down the T2 road you are.

Ronancastled

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Also, have you a meter yet ?
Some of us can still have the odd carby treat like a slice of toast but only your meter can tell you if that's still on the menu

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Scrambled egg takes less time than porridge.

Low carb porridge can be made using milled linseed or chia seeds with almond or other non dairy milk of your choosing. Add cinnamon or nutmeg for flavour

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Other
Coffee with double cream and don't eat util lunchtime? Extend your overnight fast.
What was your diagnosis HbA1c so we can see how far down the T2 road you are.
Only got some that said 60.on blood tests no idea .so your telling me not to eat from 6pm to 1pm the next day i have a busy job surley not right !!

TeddyTottie

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Only got some that said 60.on blood tests no idea .so your telling me not to eat from 6pm to 1pm the next day i have a busy job surley not right !!
Yep, extend the fasting period, it’s so good for reducing your insulin resistance. Every time you eat your body makes insulin, and T2s already have buckets of the stuff swilling about in our blood, desperately trying to store excess glucose and blocking fat metabolism.

You will see... What seems impossible now will become quite natural on a low carb diet, and you really won’t be hungry or lacking in energy, or suffer from the terrible carbtastic cravings once your body adapts. I was equally horrified by the idea of not eating when I was diagnosed just over a year ago, now I only ever eat 2 meals a day (usually a lunch and dinner) and quite often, only dinner.

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

Ok so an HbA1c of 60 mmol/m is T2 but a lot less high than many mine was 87 mmol/m on diagnosis

Intermittent fasting is a great way to help control blood sugar levels can also help a great deal with weight loss if you have a few spare pounds to lose.

What kind of job do you do?

KK123

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin

Hi there, what do you eat at other mealtimes?, maybe try that for breakfast, a chicken leg for example or a bowl of soup (low carb if that's the route you are going down). You may find some of the suggestions alien to you but don't write them off as 'out there', the people on here have gone through the very same thing you are going through now. I am another one who doesn't bother with breakfast and I too (like many others on this site) have VERY busy and sometimes physical jobs.

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I can eat breakfast, go out morrising with one of my teams, so walking, playing music and dancing, often with some longsword dancing or maypole as well - sometimes both...
I then go home and have dinner, go to bed and then get up next day and do the same again.
My meter indicated that I did better eating at 12 hour intervals than fasting all morning, and it suits my lifestyle better too.
I have two proper meals, and get normal readings.