HONEY & DIABETES

TriciaWs

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Honey has been used on foot ulcers for diabetics, but a type 2 should be trying to avoid eating sugar and that includes the sugars in honey.

a.khat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Hi. Don't touch the honey. Insulin often isn't the best treatment for T2 as you may already have too much insulin in your body so it may not have much effect. Do you have some excess weight? Keep the carbs in your diet down; this may be enough to reduce your blood sugar.

Hi! Got it. Can approximately 8 kilos be regarded as excess weight? And is it necessary to keep the carbs in my diet down? I just can't imagine my life without bins...

VittoBianchi

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
I don't know what I should do. If I don't smear my body with honey, and insulin doesn't work for me, what are my further actions?
I don't know well, but try to read about stem cells treatment. I am skeptical about this, but several of my friends said that it works. Although if you couldn't find info about honey in Google, I'm not sure if you should do it....... To many questions.....

a.khat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Honey has been used on foot ulcers for diabetics, but a type 2 should be trying to avoid eating sugar and that includes the sugars in honey.
I smeared my feet with honey as well......

a.khat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Do you need to lose a lot of weight? My first thought was that you are very young for T2. T1 and T2 are completely different conditions.
My grandma and mom have diabetes. And frankly speaking I wasn't an ideal girl for the last four years... Alcohol, you know....

a.khat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Do you need to lose a lot of weight? My first thought was that you are very young for T2. T1 and T2 are completely different conditions.
My boyfriend says I should, but I don't think so

a.khat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
I don't know well, but try to read about stem cells treatment. I am skeptical about this, but several of my friends said that it works. Although if you couldn't find info about honey in Google, I'm not sure if you should do it....... To many questions.....

I CAN google. I just consider the opinion of my grandmother as much more trustful resource that Internet with lots of rubbish.

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I CAN google. I just consider the opinion of my grandmother as much more trustful resource that Internet with lots of rubbish.

I wouldn't bother looking down the "stem cell" research road. I've been hitting a cul-de-sac with that "one" for years.. ;)

xfieldok

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
So far as I can tell prolonged hyperglycemia just means you have had high numbers for a long time.

If you want to take control of your health, you can try to do it. If you can bring your numbers down with diet, you may not need insulin at all.

Read the link in my signature.

Do you have a glucose meter, you should have one if you are on insulin. Which insulin are you taking, when and how much?

LittleGreyCat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Diet drinks - the artificial sweeteners taste vile.
Having to forswear foods I have loved all my life.
Trying to find low carb meals when eating out.
A cat that weighs around 8 kilos is probably a bit chonky.

Dr Snoddy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Trolls
Hi, if you think that your grandma is a more reliable source than the internet are you going to listen to any of the wealth of intelligent experience available here (on the internet?)