miaomiao2 with freestyle libre 2 sensor

ianstead

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I have just been prescribed the libre sensor 2 and I think it is great to have alarms on it. It means I can sleep a little better knowing that it will warn me of a hypo. I have also been looking at buying a. miaomiao2 as well. Does anyone have any experience of the system and its benefits or drawbacks.

In Response

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I have been where sing Libre 1 and Miaomiao 2 for over a year
Yesterday, I started my last Libre 1 sensor and, in 2 weeks I will start Libre 2.
My plan is to patch the LibreLink app and ditch the Miaomiao as it should no longer be required.
Obviously, I have no experience of this yet but, in your shoes, I would investigate this option before forking out for the Miaomiao.

Regarding my Miaomiao 2, it has been really useful. But the battery life is not very long. It has never been the advertised 14 days and is now down to 3. If needed to start again, I would buy the larger version 1.

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I have just been prescribed the libre sensor 2 and I think it is great to have alarms on it. It means I can sleep a little better knowing that it will warn me of a hypo. I have also been looking at buying a. miaomiao2 as well. Does anyone have any experience of the system and its benefits or drawbacks.

Hi,

I'd hold of with the Miomio 2 till you see what the L2 can do.
I've tried it the MM 2 needs a firmware update to work with my stand alone watch so that's two bits of redundant tech. Though I did find the update.
Currently back on the L1. The MM2 as it stands without the firmware update don't see the sensor's algorithm.

I will say this, it seems to have one hell of a BT range. My phone has alarmed on charge in the front of the house whilst I've been elsewhere round the back? (I believe the average BT range on most devices is 10 feet?)

Regarding my Miaomiao 2, it has been really useful. But the battery life is not very long. It has never been the advertised 14 days and is now down to 3. If needed to start again, I would buy the larger version 1.

If this is any help to you, after trying the reset button on the MM2, no joy with the battery life.

However. Whilst trialing the L2 I let the battery run right down on the MM. (Totally depleted.)
Then charged it in prep for the new L1 sensor to be fitted.
Not conclusive yet, but I've done 6 days on the MM2 with 55% left on the battery count.

I agree they don't do 14 days. I used to get 10.

Last edited:

maybecrazy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I too used to get around 10 days battery with the MM2, since I upgraded the firmware I now get easily the full 14 days.

My current L1 ends this Monday 5pm and the MM2 battery still has 34% charge.

In Response

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
@Jaylee thanks for the tips to reset the battery life of my MM2.
I have tried them all, including changing my phone, reset the MM, letting the battery fully deplete before charging, recharging when 50% charged and more. Being of a technical kind, I feel comfortable in declaring my current MM2 terminally sick in the battery area.
I am on my last Libre 1 sensor and look forward to putting my faithful MM2 into retirement in a couple of weeks.