Blood sugar out of control

Carol3120

Hi there,
I am writing on behalf of my wife and I don't know if this is the right page where asking questions, so if I am doing something wrong I apologize.
It's more than 2weeks my wife has been having her sugar level over 300 while before was between 170/220.
She suffer from rheumatoid arthritis and lately her pain has increased a lot plus she suffers from fibromyalgia.
She cannot take insulin because she takes methotrexate to fight rheumatoid arthritis as her doctor said.
Unfortunately due to Covid she doesn't want to go to have a visit at the hospital or any kind of test.
Her diet is 2 eggs in the morning, or a greek yogurt, nothing at noon and a chicken breast with broccoli at dinner.
Another greek yogurt for snack at night.

Anybody have any suggestion what she can do?
Than you.
Roberto

Hopeful34

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi. Firstly you definitely can have insulin when you're taking methotrexate, so I'd advise your wife to see another gp.
Has your wife had an hba1c blood test at the drs to measure her blood sugar over the last 3 months, and if so what was the result? It would be helpful if you could say what medication she is on for diabetes, and if the 300 reading is pre or post meal, or fasting levels?

EllieM

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
forum bugs
It would also be helpful to know what type of diabetes your wife has and how long she has had it.

h884

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Good Morning.

Sorry to hear of the issues your wife is experiencing. I am on both methotrexate and insulin. There maybe some other reason for the guidance the Doctor has given. Is she on any other medication ? If she is on steroids that may be resulting in high blood sugars.

Hope things improve soon

Last edited: