Deliciously Guilt Free cakes - how to freeze?

PerfectStorm

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I’ve seen a few people mention having these cakes on the what have you eaten thread so I treated myself to 4 different types!

They are delicious but I need to freeze them, partly so they don’t go off and partly so I don’t scoff anymore of them this week! I don’t want to get used to sweet flavours all the time, even if there isn’t sugar in them.

Anyway, for those who have frozen them, how have you done this? Do you just put them in the freezer as they come - so the plastic packet and box or do you wrap them individually? I’m hoping the former but I don’t want them to spoil

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I have put the entire unopened packet in the freezer, and pulled it out to defrost on the draining board when I want to eat them.

They should arrive with 7 days of refrigeration 'life', so if you freeze them immediately they arrive, then defrost, that 7 days of fridge 'life' will start again once they are defrosted.

In this household, it takes less than 7 days to get through a packet of them. Actually, it probably takes 3 days. So I have never felt the need to freeze them individually.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I do the same as @Brunneria , just chuck the boxes in the freezer as they are. I remove one cake whenever I need one, the pairs of cakes split apart easily. I defrost them in the micro wave.