Updated: Latest results etc

Tophat1900

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Uncooked bacon
Latest A1c is 40 or 5.8.... so basically stable.

No cholesterol results except for trigs 1.0 and a useless total of 4.4 and fasted they were. Basically unchanged.

I also have NASH liver disease, latest scans and results have shown improvement, which is good news. My liver is a normal size now apparently and not enlarged as it has been in the past. I'll take that.

My wife has just been recently diagnosed with breast cancer, not something I would normally disclose, but it's why I will be kinda hit and miss on the forum. She has surgery is in a week, it's been caught early and is very small in size, so prognosis is very good, but will still need chemo 5 days a week for 4 to 6 weeks depending on what they find post surgery. I must admit it was very deflating to hear, but once it had sunk in and some time has passed, it is certainly way better then being told this looks really bad. The outcome looks real good at the moment. So, focusing on the positives as they be.

Life is a tough gig for everyone.

I hope everyone is well and thanks for the well wishes on another thread.

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Latest A1c is 40 or 5.8.... so basically stable.

No cholesterol results except for trigs 1.0 and a useless total of 4.4 and fasted they were. Basically unchanged.

I also have NASH liver disease, latest scans and results have shown improvement, which is good news. My liver is a normal size now apparently and not enlarged as it has been in the past. I'll take that.

My wife has just been recently diagnosed with breast cancer, not something I would normally disclose, but it's why I will be kinda hit and miss on the forum. She has surgery is in a week, it's been caught early and is very small in size, so prognosis is very good, but will still need chemo 5 days a week for 4 to 6 weeks depending on what they find post surgery. I must admit it was very deflating to hear, but once it had sunk in and some time has passed, it is certainly way better then being told this looks really bad. The outcome looks real good at the moment. So, focusing on the positives as they be.

Life is a tough gig for everyone.

I hope everyone is well and thanks for the well wishes on another thread.
Great result and wishing Mrs TH all the best for a good recovery. Take care both.

Reactions: Lainie71

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Great results Tophat and best wishes for your wife’s recovery

Jo_the_boat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
'Focus on the positives' - that is a great philosophy.
My Mrs survived breast cancer. She was incredibly positive and it sounds like you guys have just the right attitude.
Your wife will come through too.
The very best of luck to you both.

ziggy_w

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@Tophat1900,

Keeping my fingers crossed for breast cancer surgery and treatment of your wife. Also congrats on your lab results, well done.

Thinking of you both in these times.