New to this

Teamklement

Hello I have had two fasting glucose tests that are 7.6 and then a week later 7.8 and my HbA1c is 39. I am awaiting a doctors appointment to discuss my blood test results but from reading everything online would appear I now have Type 2 diabetes? I had gestational diabetes and although I exercise and am vegetarian/Keto eat well my numbers have gone up from 6.6 last summer to 7.8. I am mostly just freaking out to be honest and not sure where to go from here? I feel disappointed I haven’t done more. But also have had tingling hands, fatigue and high blood pressure and my B12 is over 2,000 so any advice would be greatly appreciated.

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi @Teamklement

No understanding here of the impact of gestational diabetes.

Just wanted to wish you well, and mention that 39 HBA1c is considered normal in UK , though of course it is a measure based over 3 months, so with fasting test maybe confirming diabetes, that may rise, if diabetes was the diagnosis.

If so I'd say that's a very early catch

I think I was well on way, judging by blood works before my DX, which was 57 HBA1c, back in 2018.
LCHF got me back to 40 HBA1c by the June 2019 (42 from the Jan 2019).

So there's plenty of positives there.
And you seem to be doing a the right things,.

As for the high b12 read.
I wonder if that impacts the BG in some way.?

From what little I saw online those symptoms were reported in a few others with high b12,. So my guess is that's the b12 issues not the BG levels.

Term is hypercobalaminemia
If that helps in searching

Usual advise when doctor Google involved.
Brace for initial worry then read on with an open mind.

Last edited: