what are your sources of fats(ketogenic diet)

Ceppo

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Using a stick mixer in a tall beaker is even easier. I think he demos that on Youtube for Bamix here

Reactions: Drfarxan

Roggg

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Am i getting this wrong then? cause below even for a rib eye steak it says only 33% is from fats while 48% is from protein. I am new to nutrition but it seems to me you need something fatty to eat with your rib eye steak to get into ketosis
View attachment 48342
I believe those percentages are the percentage of RDI (recommended daily intake). It's not saying protein is 48% of the calories or the weight. It's saying the protein is 48% of the protein you should eat in a day.

Now RDI are not tuned to low carb eating so you can ignore that and use macros from carbmanager, myfitnesspal, or any other tracking app. But a "napkin calculation" is, fat has twice as many calories as protein. So here they are more or less equal, so that's roughly 2 parts fat and 1 part protein, or 67 and 33% respectively. Hope that makes sense.

Reactions: Drfarxan

Drfarxan

I believe those percentages are the percentage of RDI (recommended daily intake). It's not saying protein is 48% of the calories or the weight. It's saying the protein is 48% of the protein you should eat in a day.

Now RDI are not tuned to low carb eating so you can ignore that and use macros from carbmanager, myfitnesspal, or any other tracking app. But a "napkin calculation" is, fat has twice as many calories as protein. So here they are more or less equal, so that's roughly 2 parts fat and 1 part protein, or 67 and 33% respectively. Hope that makes sense.
i am clueless about nutrition