Double Levemir dose!

HalaElmeligy

Hello everyone, hope you all are doing great! I take levemir for long acting insulin and I split it, 10u for morning and 7u for the evening with 12 hours between them.
Last night I was taking my 7u but ALOT of blood came out, I was shocked and thought that my insulin came out too, Sometimes I hit a nerve but that was too much blood. I took extra dose (5 MORE!) After that I started to panic, but I handled that night very well, I know my peak and everything was alright, But! I'm wondering, should I take 8u for morning dose instead of 10, or it won't affect me and cause me hypo?

searley

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Diabetes, not having Jaffa Cake
You could take a couple less

You may not need to Levemir only worked about 13 hours for me.. but you want to be safe

Whatever you do just keep an eye on your bg. If going low eat something if high you could take some rapid(if you use)

For me a change of 2u had little effect

UK T1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi, for balance, I find even half a unit difference has a big impact for me. I'd agree that you might want to do 1 or 2 units less and test more than usual today. Do you usually get quite 'good' hypo symptoms? If so I wouldn't be too worried, if not you might want to set a few alarms to test throughout the day. Hope you have a smooth day!

HalaElmeligy

Thank you all! I took my 10u morning dose and I'm feeling okay, I'm checking my bg. I had a little hypo after breakfast as I use also Novorapid. But all is good.