58 not a big improvement

UsmanMo96

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi

Got my results back; not a big improvement from 60 in November and 58.

Not quite sure how to bring it down anymore than 2 points or more. I'm back in the gym now but not sure for how long.. i cut out the gliclazide since starting gym and I'm very hopeful i can bring it down more than 2 points in July.

At least i got a goal for July now. My DN was happy it didnt go up.

Daibell

Master
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi. What sort of diet do you have? Exercise is always good but the right diet always helps the most.

UsmanMo96

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi. What sort of diet do you have? Exercise is always good but the right diet always helps the most.

My breakfast is the same everyday. 3 boiled eggs and tea.

And for my last meal i will eat anything like tuna sandwich or salad mixed with chicken. Or steak/ its different everyday but i avoid Rice and pasta.

VashtiB

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Do you count/limit your carbs? I just ask as bread is like rice and pasta for carbs.

EllieM

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
forum bugs
Not quite sure how to bring it down anymore than 2 points or more. I'm back in the gym now but not sure for how long.. i cut out the gliclazide since starting gym and I'm very hopeful i can bring it down more than 2 points in July.

Am assuming that you low carb like crazy (or your previous levels wouldn't have gone down.) Have you had a cpeptide test recently? Unlikely but not impossible for you to be LADA and a cpeptide test could tell you a lot about your insulin production and/or resistance.....

Good luck.

Tophat1900

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Uncooked bacon
My breakfast is the same everyday. 3 boiled eggs and tea.

And for my last meal i will eat anything like tuna sandwich or salad mixed with chicken. Or steak/ its different everyday but i avoid Rice and pasta.

In a recent post you mentioned eating oranges as a source of vitC instead of a supplement. If this is the case, then you really need to think seriously about eating stuff like that. It certainly won't be helping your levels.

UsmanMo96

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Am assuming that you low carb like crazy (or your previous levels wouldn't have gone down.) Have you had a cpeptide test recently? Unlikely but not impossible for you to be LADA and a cpeptide test could tell you a lot about your insulin production and/or resistance.....

Good luck.

My C-peptide results have come back and i am producing insulin and my endocrinologist said it was type 2 :)

UsmanMo96

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
In a recent post you mentioned eating oranges as a source of vitC instead of a supplement. If this is the case, then you really need to think seriously about eating stuff like that. It certainly won't be helping your levels.

I don't actually eat fruit at all; maybe a apple if im low. But i try avoiding fruits

Reactions: Tophat1900

VashtiB

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
If you are already weighing your food calculating your carbs should be quite simple.

Andydragon

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi

Got my results back; not a big improvement from 60 in November and 58.

At least i got a goal for July now. My DN was happy it didnt go up.
Well, an improvement is an improvement so that's good!

The gym and exercise may well help. If you are trying a lower carb and it isn't quite working then maybe you are one of those who does it doesn't fully work for and you may find medication a help But that's obviously between you and your doctor?

You stopped the glic, but it appeared it was helping your levels from the fbg you posted I think? So maybe coming off you just need a bit more time

Low carb or extremely low carb works for many, but there have been posts by some who hasn't had quite the result they want, maybe other factors at play

What is your daily type of diet? It might be certain carbs are impacting more so even though you are lower carb in general the certain ones you have are causing issues

Just a few thoughts...