Options for first pump

ejpayne91

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi there just looking for people’s opinions and thoughts. Been type 1 for two years and currently looking at getting a pump.

local hospital has said I have the option of Medtronic 780g or Medtrum nano patch pump (both with respective cgms, which I would have to self fund)

I like the thought of the medtrum being so small etc and all controlled from phone and glucose levels being viewed on Apple Watch. But it only has low glucose suspend whereas the 780g has auto correction bolus which would be great.

seeing as I would have to self fund either of the cgms, I’m thinking it would make sense to have the pump with the most capability to make it worth it.

Any thoughts and advise would be great. Thanks

Soplewis12

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Grumpy People
Hi, I don't have experience of either of these pumps but I am using omnipod dash funded by NHS greater Glasgow & clyde. My only negative thoughts are it struggles to stick during hot weather & kept falling off; a lot of wasted insulin & pods. As you only use fast acting insulin it is extremely reactive so need to be careful with food types, would be good if you're pump had an extended bolus tab, I have found this option brilliant (reduces food spikes). Now using a pumo hot weather drastically reduces my insulin needs which didn't occur when using pens. Also if you drank alcohol the night before you should reduce your temporary basal rate. Hope this helps

dancer

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I am on the Medtronic 670G and cgm. It has some problems which I'm sure would mostly be overcome if I was updated to the 780G. A friend was on the Medtrum and his BGs were all over the place. When he was changed to the 780G he found it fantastic in comparison.

Reactions: Colin of Kent

ejpayne91

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Thanks.

I am definitely leaning towards the 780g I think. Just seems to be better technology. Was originally a bit worried about being tethered but I think overall it might be better than patch pump that cant be moved once it’s on for a few days.

I am on the Medtronic 670G and cgm. It has some problems which I'm sure would mostly be overcome if I was updated to the 780G. A friend was on the Medtrum and his BGs were all over the place. When he was changed to the 780G he found it fantastic in comparison.

Reactions: dancer