Worrying symptoms

sparkyrich

Hi folks,
I started on Jardiance in place of sitagliptin a few weeks ago. Since then I’ve been having what, would to a Victorian heroine, be probably described as “attacks of the vapours”.
Joking aside, I get dizziness, nausea and affected vision. One of those sit down or fall down kind of things. My bg is still high - anywhere between 9.5 and 24. On the other hand, my bp has fallen from 198/110 to 110/70. I have noticed I’m thirstier than usual (and pee more than usual) although I try and keep hydrated.
Do we think it’s just a matter of getting used to the new meds or the lowered bp? I’ve got an appointment at the endocrine clinic next month but I’m wondering if I should go see my GP in the meantime?
TIA.

busydiabeticmum

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Go to your gp, your bg are way too high and the thirst is your body's response (trying to wash it out,) which in turn creates the need to urinate more.

As to your other symptoms I'm not sure, could be a combination of both lowered bp and high bg. I would get this sorted a.s.a.p.

Energize

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi folks,
... I get dizziness, nausea and affected vision. One of those sit down or fall down kind of things. ... my bp has fallen from 198/110 to 110/70. I’m wondering if I should go see my GP in the meantime?
TIA.
Definitely make an urgent appt to see GP. In the meantime, keep well hydrated. Sounds like something not quite right for you, especially as BG so high too.

These symptoms (dizziness, nausea and affected vision) sound very familiar to me just now (- weight loss caused my BP to plummet so stopped antihypertensive meds and saw GP. Now off antihypertensives. (GP suggested I add extra salt to, hopefully, increase BP to more tolerable levels (on LCHF so virtually no salt). Seems I've 'leveled out' so now dropping the salt intake gradually, while keeping close eye on BP. Also had blood test and all OK :) ))

Hope you're feeling better and things more stable very soon ;)

Reactions: EllieM

Route 66

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi folks,
I started on Jardiance in place of sitagliptin a few weeks ago. Since then I’ve been having what, would to a Victorian heroine, be probably described as “attacks of the vapours”.
Joking aside, I get dizziness, nausea and affected vision. One of those sit down or fall down kind of things. My bg is still high - anywhere between 9.5 and 24. On the other hand, my bp has fallen from 198/110 to 110/70. I have noticed I’m thirstier than usual (and pee more than usual) although I try and keep hydrated.
Do we think it’s just a matter of getting used to the new meds or the lowered bp? I’ve got an appointment at the endocrine clinic next month but I’m wondering if I should go see my GP in the meantime?
TIA.

Hi and Welcome,

That sounds really rough.

Your thirst will be due to your BG being so high. How were you before your meds were changed?

I am another one who would suggest you seek professional advice as soon as you can from your GP.

Good luck.

JoKalsbeek

Expert
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Another vote for a check-up sooner rather than later, because this is not good. At all.

Amyj30

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I take Jardiance. I only take 10mg daily as when I moved onto 20mg daily it made me far too lightheaded. My BP is good so on this it can lower it. It also makes you pee out sugar so it’s important to stay really well hydrated on it.

AnneMarie44

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hi my GP wants me to stop taking Sitagliptin and move onto Jardiance as my Bg is high, but after reading the extensive list of worrying side effects, I am reluctant to do so. Can anyone on here convince me otherwise? Thanks

Amyj30

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Never had an issue with it. The only thing is a bit of lightheadedness but that’s all