Libre 2 First Sensor Use.

LionChild

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
whisky
The new Libre 2 seems to be more variable. At first I thought it was simply showing readings higher than finger pricks, unlike Libre 1 which mostly seemed to underestimate the BG levels which left me after every 3 months with an A1C that tended to be around 7 mmoles higher than the level indicated by Libre 1. But now I find the readings are actually also shooting downwards. On the whole however, it seems to be more accurate. So far.
However, I have only used ONE of the new sensors, so it's probably too soon to say. Time will tell.

In Response

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
When did you apply your sensor and when did you activate it?
I find the Libre 2 takes longer to bed in than its older brother.
I insert mine at least 2 days before activating it. Doing this, I find the readings pretty good.

LionChild

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
whisky
When did you apply your sensor and when did you activate it?
I find the Libre 2 takes longer to bed in than its older brother.
I insert mine at least 2 days before activating it. Doing this, I find the readings pretty good.

That's interesting, In Response. So, do you, for two days, have a sensor on each arm?
I agree, I think it takes longer to bed in than Libre 1.

I tell you , the most wonderful thing is at times when it falls off, or I establish a short break from sensors----and my arm is pure, smooth, unadulterated flesh!:)

Reactions: In Response

35yearsofType1

I put my in 24 hours before and also did with libre 1 so for a day I’m wearing 2 sensors at the same time . I find after 24hours it’s settled down - the variability of results when first inserted is due to your bodies immunoresponse to a foreign object in your body.

LionChild

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
whisky
I put my in 24 hours before and also did with libre 1 so for a day I’m wearing 2 sensors at the same time . I find after 24hours it’s settled down - the variability of results when first inserted is due to your bodies immunoresponse to a foreign object in your body.

There is a theory also that the wild results after first inserting a Sensor is because the tissue in the body is disturbed and this affects the readings...