Just started Trulicity

sorchao

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Dislikes
Trying to get my Libre unstuck after 14 days
I’ve been on Trulicity for two years now, because Metformin wasn’t playing well with my IBS, and I’ve found it brilliant overall. I was a bit squeamish about the injections at first, but the pen is very fast and it’s a lot easier to remember something once a week, rather than every meal. I was a bit nauseous the first week or two that I started on it, but it passed off soon enough. My diet went to hell working through the last lockdown, though, and I’ve just had my dose upped, while I try and get the weight back down again. It did get my Hba1c down from over 100 to 45, though (currently 50).

Craigmartin

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning and good luck to both of you. I always had a weight problem too .Trulicity certainly helped with losing weight but adopting and sticking to a medium/low carb diet for five years was the real game changer for me. Bringing down the blood readings was the best result for me. That certainly decreases the worry of complications when you've had diabetes for a long time. I wish something like low carb or drugs like Trulicity had been available when I was in the early years. But the long term control has certainly helped me keep away from any really nasty complications.......so far!!!
Thanks I had my second dose last Saturday. Was queasy again initially but not as bad as first.
I have dropped 8 pound in a week and done it without any real drama. Just don't have an appetite but what i have eaten has been low carb. Noticed my levels between 5 and 7 and also comfortably under 8 in the morning which has always been higher due to the liver dump. If things carry on as they are then my next test in January could be decent result? So far the Trulicity is agreeing with me.

Craigmartin

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I’ve been on Trulicity for two years now, because Metformin wasn’t playing well with my IBS, and I’ve found it brilliant overall. I was a bit squeamish about the injections at first, but the pen is very fast and it’s a lot easier to remember something once a week, rather than every meal. I was a bit nauseous the first week or two that I started on it, but it passed off soon enough. My diet went to hell working through the last lockdown, though, and I’ve just had my dose upped, while I try and get the weight back down again. It did get my Hba1c down from over 100 to 45, though (currently 50).

Just shows it can work. Good luck on your renewed efforts.

Reactions: Clase