Heart Palpitations

Type of diabetes
Type 2
So I have anxiety! But also T2 diabetes. I started getting really bad palpitations at a stressful event (house sitting), and ever since then I get random palpitions. went to the doctors who told me its because I am a diabetic, had a ECG to confirm I was getting Ectopic Beats? Nothing else was said. Apparently my heart is fine. Im guessing it is anxiety. Its constantly in my mind that since being diagnosed with diabetes every other health issues I have is because I am a diabetic. I feel like I am being fobbed off.

Losing weight, will be going on Trulicity soon as HBC thing is slowly creeping up.

Jo_the_boat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
How is your diet? Are you overdoing the carbs a bit?
Some folk who tackle their T2 with a change of lifestyle, including diet, find that other ailments are helped indirectly too.
Tell us a bit more.
Good luck.

coby

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Social mixing most sport, Soaps!
How is your diet? Are you overdoing the carbs a bit?
Some folk who tackle their T2 with a change of lifestyle, including diet, find that other ailments are helped indirectly too.
Tell us a bit more.
Good luck.
I just wanted to reply to Jo in that YES! the low carb really does help other conditions. TWO with me and one is also heart palpitations. Mine was really loud (or appeared so to me) and worse as soon as I got into bed at night. It would pound deafeningly. The other condition I suffered from was awful indigestion/heartburn, and in fact had just bought a new supply of my orange Rennies the day before I began my low carb. I find also that missing breakfast at least every other day and not eating until midday helped enormously. I cut out most carbs, and adapted to the LCHF diet with no problems just two months ago. Anyone need a large supply of Rennie tablets? (unopened) ;)

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Ventricular ectopic heart beats are very common, nothing to do with diabetes itself. They are when one beat comes very early, so there is a longer gap before the next one. If you check your own pulse on your wrist you will know if you have one because it feels like a missed beat. Unless they come one after the other after the other frequently, they are usually harmless. There is plenty of stuff about them on the internet. I know because I had them, picked up on an ECG like you. Mine went of their own accord, although I get an odd one every now and again. At the time I had them my diabetes was in remission and all my excess weight had long gone, so I know it was nothing to do with that.

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Some time ago now I noticed that my heart was missing a beat - the display on my microwave has gone blank so I use my pulse to time it when I am making custard.
At the same time, unknown to me, my Hba1c was raised. It was tested, but no one mentioned it, just phoned to try to get me to take a statin.
I noticed recently that my pulse is once more even - and the last test showed that my Hba1c had fallen again.
I have no explanation as to why or if or how - it just happened, and then it didn't.

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
Some medications can have an effect on heart rate these include both Vildagliptin and Metformin if you take iether of theses medication you may experience altered heart rates.

I also take Pyridostigmine which alters heart rate too my heart rate varies during the day between the low forties upto nearly 200 even when when resting.