My libre 2 sugar graph

PraxxtorCruel

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
I recently got a freestyle libre 2 sensor. I fitted it onto the back of my upper arm yesterday at 9.15pm. It was ready to scan by 10.15pm.

I would like to ask the diabetes community if my results might be indicative of anything? I have been having symptoms for several years and over time from the reading I've done I believe it to be related to food/blood glucose.

Here is what my libre 2 graph shows. Okay now to give some context. I had dinner last night at 8pm which consisted of rice, chicken and some vegetables. Then just about 2am in the morning I had a New York bagel with boiled egg and avocado. 9am is when I slept and 3pm is the time I woke up.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210920-150310.jpg
    Screenshot_20210920-150310.jpg
    294.8 KB · Views: 429

xfieldok

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
The first thing I would say, when you attach the sensor, it should be left for at least 8 hours before activation. If you get low readings, check with a finger prick.

In Response

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I would draw no conclusion from that graph
- the first 24 hours or a Libre are unpredictable. It is not uncommon to insert a Libre for at least a day before activating it
- Libre (and all CGMs) suffering from compression lows - if you apply pressure to a sensor, it will report an incorrect low reading. Therefore, any low readings during teh night could be due to lying on the sensor.

Apart from that, you have no high blood sugar readings which would be indicative of diabetes, if the sensor was reliable.

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I recently got a freestyle libre 2 sensor. I fitted it onto the back of my upper arm yesterday at 9.15pm. It was ready to scan by 10.15pm.

I would like to ask the diabetes community if my results might be indicative of anything? I have been having symptoms for several years and over time from the reading I've done I believe it to be related to food/blood glucose.

Here is what my libre 2 graph shows. Okay now to give some context. I had dinner last night at 8pm which consisted of rice, chicken and some vegetables. Then just about 2am in the morning I had a New York bagel with boiled egg and avocado. 9am is when I slept and 3pm is the time I woke up.

Hi,

The time you said you slept corresponds with the low red zone . So I agree you may well possibly be looking at a compression low. Due to sleeping on it, giving a false reading. The rest? Looks OK to me. If you are focusing on the low red lines?
They are not globally aknowledged as indicative of diabetes.. High blood glucose levels tend the be the symptom..
Though I would wish to see more than just what you have in data so far?

We cannot diagnose you on the forum. You should seek an apointment with your doctor if you feel you have issues.

Personally, with the Libre 2. I have no issues with imidiate activation after fitting though I have waited on occasions for 2 or 3 hours, due to a change over at work & fitting the new one before "clocking on?"

PraxxtorCruel

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Thank you. Your responses have been tremendously informative. Today I had just dinner at 17:30pm and nothing else besides hydration for the rest of the evening/night. This is what my libre graph shows. Of course I must remember that the sensor can be inaccurate as well as all the other factors that has been mentioned here. I did have symptoms from around 8:30pm onwards, such as sweating, shivering, fatigue, feeling cold, pallor (noted by relatives), palpitations and really blurry vision. The symptoms died down towards the end although the heart palpitations remained throughout.

The next step would be to visit the doctors but i dont want to go there if I dont have some kind of "proof" to show. So I'll continue to see if how I feel reflects the cgm numbers.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210921-024023.jpg
    Screenshot_20210921-024023.jpg
    308.3 KB · Views: 372
Last edited:

Daibell

Master
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi. I've not found the problems others have had. My sensors have so far been accurate, apart from one, within an hour or so from attaching and starting. I also lie on mine and it's not made any difference (I have a soft mattress!). Your graph implies it could be that your Basal is a bit high? I've found the Libre 2 very useful in balancing my Basal.

Reactions: PraxxtorCruel

Lakeslover

My libre always shows a lower reading than blood glucose by between one and two points. Therefore if you look at my graph overnight it usually shows a red line and a reading of 2.8. But if I check my blood glucose with my meter it will be around 4.2 to 4.5…….in the normal range.

the libre is great for trends but it is not an exact match to blood glucose for most people, so you really need to check it’s readings against a meter.

Lakeslover

Which is a little frustrating because it's also used to determine insulin doses.

i guess if it’s consistently the same discrepency you would learn to adjust for that. But must be awkward to do. I use diabox which allows me to calibrate mine to get a result very close to blood glucose.

KK123

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
i guess if it’s consistently the same discrepency you would learn to adjust for that. But must be awkward to do. I use diabox which allows me to calibrate mine to get a result very close to blood glucose.

Hi, I certainly wouldn't automatically adjust for any perceived discrepancy, sometimes the libre is spot on and at other times it's a point or 2 out, anything but consistent. I do like it mind and it's a darn sight better than finger pricks but I guess it's about being aware of its limitations.

Reactions: Lakeslover

PraxxtorCruel

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Ive had an enjoyable read. You guys are just a fountain of knowledge. Here is my 3rd day sugar graph. Symptom wise things weren't too bad today, mainly persistent palpitations, fatigue, feeling a little sweaty and blurry vision during the low moments. I had porridge at around 1pm and then at 5.30pm I had dinner which consisted of meat, some bread, hummus and assortment of greens. I ate again just half an hour later so 6pm and had another serving of dinner but a smaller amount. That was my last meal for that day. I plan to do a home version of the oral glucose tolerance test. Just wondering what options there are for the 80g of glucose I need now that lucozade is not exactly viable unless I can guzzle down almost a litre.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210922-041644.jpg
    Screenshot_20210922-041644.jpg
    314.2 KB · Views: 266
Last edited:

PraxxtorCruel

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Well I'm about to have my first meal of the day. I have been checking my glucose levels since I got up. I appear to be hovering between 3.0-3.2 mmol/l for the 2 hours I've been awake. Of course I cant be sure those numbers are closely accurate enough.

My main complaint is persistent palpitations and a feeling of warmth/sweats and some postural dizziness that comes and goes regularly at this level.

Last edited:

PraxxtorCruel

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Well I'm about to have my first meal of the day. I have been checking my glucose levels since I got up. I appear to be hovering between 3.0-3.2 mmol/l for the 2 hours I've been awake. Of course I cant be sure those numbers are closely accurate enough.

My main complaint is persistent palpitations and a feeling of warmth/sweats and some postural dizziness that comes and goes regularly at this level.

Had first meal at 11.15am(plain porridge). Graph included as attachment. Good news is I no longer get lightheaded with postural changes nor am i feeling sweats. Palpitations have reduced but arent fully gone though.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210922-122238.jpg
    Screenshot_20210922-122238.jpg
    226.2 KB · Views: 253
Last edited:

Ronancastled

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I had a few extended lows in my first 48 hours, see below.

Capture 1.PNG

Kinda settled down after that.
Have you got a finger prick meter to double check those low 3s.
Those palpitations/sweats you're describing might be down to the rapid sugar crash post carby meal.
Might want to stay away from porridge, try rashers & egg for comparison some morning.

PraxxtorCruel

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
I had a few extended lows in my first 48 hours, see below.

View attachment 51272
Kinda settled down after that.
Have you got a finger prick meter to double check those low 3s.
Those palpitations/sweats you're describing might be down to the rapid sugar crash post carby meal.
Might want to stay away from porridge, try rashers & egg for comparison some morning.

No finger prick monitor unfortunately. I am quite squeamish. Laughable I know but I got a needle phobia.
Well it definitely seems that carb causes a spike and then subsequent dip into low glucose territory for me. As you suggested I changed my next meal(dinner 5.30-6.00pm) to chicken and salad only. Result is my blood glucose was much more stable. I might have some form of carb intolerance. Although I did note that dinner literally gave me no energy at all(maybe a lingering effect of the porridge for breakfast),I was pretty much zombie mode for 3 hours after the meal until I had some carb at close to 10pm where I felt much more alert and energetic. So I'll try to balance the meals. Still going to do the home test of the OGTT. The last spike on the graph correlates with a serving of grapes I had just before it started.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210923-021020.jpg
    Screenshot_20210923-021020.jpg
    304.3 KB · Views: 301
Last edited:

Lakeslover

Without a blood glucose check you don’t know your actual level. It is quite possible that the “lows” showing on your graph are actually low normal.

an OGTT will only be anywhere near accurate if you test your blood while doing it, not using the libre.

Mungobean

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
My libre always shows a lower reading than blood glucose by between one and two points. Therefore if you look at my graph overnight it usually shows a red line and a reading of 2.8. But if I check my blood glucose with my meter it will be around 4.2 to 4.5…….in the normal range.

the libre is great for trends but it is not an exact match to blood glucose for most people, so you really need to check it’s readings against a meter.

I’ve found that my first sensor is between 2 and 5 mmol out - always lower than the blood prick. I rang Abbot and they sent a free replacement - said that was too far out. Keeping this first sensor on for the remaining 4 days anyway.

In Response

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Your graph implies it could be that your Basal is a bit high? I've found the Libre 2 very useful in balancing my Basal.
The OP does not have a diabetes diagnosis so is not taking any insulin.