Yet another newbie

Merlin22red

Hi you must get bored by the same Hi I'm a newbie greeting :lol: but you got it any way.
I will give you a short rundown on me I have been diabetic for about 14 years, two years after finding a growth on my spinal cord I still cannot get reconciled with it but there you go :roll:
I use byetta nova rapid and levimir, plus metformin.and a shopping list of other rubbish, which the doctors seem to keep giving me, I still reckon it's all a conspiracy to keep em in a job :crazy: .
Any how I am a Yorkshire Lad (using the lad bit very loosely it his age ya know)
Now living in sunny :roll: Lincolnshire where we moved after I applied for the vacancy of village idiot, and got it :thumbup:

daisy1

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Cruelty towards animals.
Hi Les and welcome to the forum :) I think that after 14 years you are an experienced diabetic and certainly no idiot, apart from having the honour of being elected village idiot of course :crazy: Perhaps you would like to tell us a bit about how you look after yourself. In turn, if you need to know anything then please ask as there is always someone here to help.

angieG

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Merlin22red said:
Now living in sunny :roll: Lincolnshire where we moved after I applied for the vacancy of village idiot, and got it :thumbup:

Sunny today here in Lincolnshire yes, but rather chilly.
Whereabouts in the county did you get the 'job'? :lol: I'm near Coningsby

Welcome to the forum. :wave:
Angie

Merlin22red

angieG said:
Merlin22red said:

Sunny today here in Lincolnshire yes, but rather chilly.
Whereabouts in the county did you get the 'job'? :lol: I'm near Coningsby

Welcome to the forum. :wave:
Angie

Hi Angie, I was Fibbing about the job :oops: we actually moved to Sunny scunny via kirton lyndsay
I had to retire on health grounds, the Lady I am proud to call my wife re trained and became a teacher

Merlin22red

daisy1 said:
Hi Les and welcome to the forum :) I think that after 14 years you are an experienced diabetic and certainly no idiot, apart from having the honour of being elected village idiot of course :crazy: Perhaps you would like to tell us a bit about how you look after yourself. In turn, if you need to know anything then please ask as there is always someone here to help.

Hi daisy, I am not allowed to look after myself I have one of those old fashioned ladies (my better half) who smacks my bum if I try doing too much, Hmm will have to try to do more :lol:
My diabetes control went out of the window a little while ago, It seems as well as the spinal tumour, and diabetes I some how got a touch of leukemia, the chemotherapy was interesting :shock: but It worked now it's taking time to get the diabetes under control, although my last 1c was at around 7.6 so I am getting there

angieG

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Sorry to hear you've had a rough few years. Fingers crossed it's all in the past now and you can work on your diabetes (and part time village idiot role :))
Glad to hear you have a good lady keeping you in order!
Regards
Angie

Osidge

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Bullies.
Hi Merlin

What took you so long to find us??? I find the forum a bit like an extended family with all that that implies! I have found support and friendship - and the occasional disagreement.

I hope you find this place somewhere that you will want to stay. There is a huge amount of knowledge and experience to tap into.

Cheers

Doug (with a place near Spalding)

Merlin22red

Osidge said:
Hi Merlin

What took you so long to find us??? I find the forum a bit like an extended family with all that that implies! I have found support and friendship - and the occasional disagreement.

I hope you find this place somewhere that you will want to stay. There is a huge amount of knowledge and experience to tap into.

Cheers

Doug (with a place near Spalding)

Hi Doug I spend a little time on some forums, but until today never thought about the diabetes forums, from what i can see you are a friendly crowd, so I will have to add you to my daily tinterweb rounds :lol: