New Coke Zero

Caprock94

Anyone else tried it, and find it isn't as good as the old formula? After diagnosis two and a half years ago, I cut out regular soft drinks for obvious reasons. Needed to find a diet cola that I liked. Really liked Coke Zero, and now Coke has changed the formula and I don't like it as well. Did they not learn anything from the "New Coke" disaster back in the day?

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi,

I tend to only drink Diet Coke only if doing a gig at a venue. ("Designated driver" too.)
That formula can change if on bar tap?
Or.... Anything DC (including the Zero variety.) from a bottle is normally a "mixer" with either vodka or (some folk may shoot me for this.) Wiskey?
What I have noticed is the price of the "product" has increased dramatically? In my part of the world anyway? With both the sugared & non reflecting the same price.)

Ronancastled

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Personally I think they aced it.
Far better than Diet Coke.

Doesn't touch my BGs anyway

Reactions: LeftPeg

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Personally I think they aced it.
Far better than Diet Coke.

Doesn't touch my BGs anyway

To my experience. Try the stuff on "tap" in a bar where the bar staff may feel on request "this Guy don't need a "diet." & not bother with the choice of button..... My CGM set up has begged to differ...

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
To my experience. Try the stuff on "tap" in a bar where the bar staff may feel on request "this Guy don't need a "diet." & not bother with the choice of button..... My CGM set up has begged to differ...

I’ve ditched it altogether now, but post diagnosis would only accept it if I could see the bottle or can it came from.

Reactions: zand

jackois

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin

If I'm out and driving, I always have a 'no sugar' drink and am paranoid in using my finger tester to check that it's zero sugar.

All good, so far. I've never been given anything with sugar in it, and that includes some gigs where it's dark, crowded and very busy for the bar staff...

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
I tried it once and that was enough, horrible tast, after taste and didn't do anything about my dry mouth.
Hi,

I tend to only drink Diet Coke only if doing a gig at a venue. ("Designated driver" too.)
That formula can change if on bar tap?
Or.... Anything DC (including the Zero variety.) from a bottle is normally a "mixer" with either vodka or (some folk may shoot me for this.) Wiskey?
What I have noticed is the price of the "product" has increased dramatically? In my part of the world anyway? With both the sugared & non reflecting the same price.)

Hi, having been part of setting up of an on bar tap, it all depends on who is and how it delivers to the tap. It can be concentrated, then co2 and diluted to go through the tap.
I did try it and tested it, it spiked me! I didn't have it again.
And it doesn't taste like diet cola!
I now only if necessary have it out of a can of small bottle.

Geordie_P

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Dunno, Caprock, maybe give it a chance. I think the new 'No Sugar' Coke with the red cans and black lettering is better than the old 'Coke Zero' in the black cans. Hopefully you'll either come round to it, or you'll find a place that still does the old version.

Deediabetic

Anyone else tried it, and find it isn't as good as the old formula? After diagnosis two and a half years ago, I cut out regular soft drinks for obvious reasons. Needed to find a diet cola that I liked. Really liked Coke Zero, and now Coke has changed the formula and I don't like it as well. Did they not learn anything from the "New Coke" disaster back in the day?

Swap to Pepsi max! It's cheaper than coke branded cola and tastes better too!