No more Combo or Insight!

Hertfordshiremum

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Sorry you're having these problems, and do hope the new needles resolve them. Diabetes can be a pain at the best of times, but if something throws it out it can quickly turn into a real headache. Take care, and I'd be interested to know if the new needles resolve the problem.
Thanks Will let you know Otherwise will be trying the Omnipod

Civis

Is anyone else really disappointed the Roche/Accu-chek are stopping producing the Combo and Insight pumps from December this year?

I've been using accu-chek pumps for over 12 years, first a Combo, then 2 Insights and have never had any particular issues.

I'm pretty gutted to be honest.
Diabetes nurse asked me to consider which pump will replace my out of warranty Accu-chek Insight. I've decided on a T-Slim due to Accu-Chek creating additional anxiety by the changes being forced onto Insight pump users.

RuWo

I currently use the Accuc-chek Combo pump (I love it! nearly 10years on it and never had any issues) as well as recently started the Freestyle libre 2.
At my hospital check yesterday they noted they want to 'upgrade' my pump to either Medtronic 780G or Omnipod Dash - no mention of discontinuing the accu-chek. They also noted they wouldnt fund the sensor for the Medatronic which seems to defeat the purppose of the closed loop system! I'm looking into both but not sure about either of them!

Hopeful34

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
They wouldn't fund the sensor for me 3 years ago either, which is why I went for another Combo.

NicoleC1971

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Is anyone else really disappointed the Roche/Accu-chek are stopping producing the Combo and Insight pumps from December this year?

I've been using accu-chek pumps for over 12 years, first a Combo, then 2 Insights and have never had any particular issues.

I'm pretty gutted to be honest.
Same here but I've got used to the new pump and as it is a new generation one, they've invested in it's development IMO . It is a Tandem Control IQ and works with my Dexcom but doesn't have to.
The future's in closed looping pumps so hope you can be patient when getting used to the new screen etc. Found it all to be fairly intuitive and I am a low tech girl!

Reactions: EdTedworth

Dustydog

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Have to say that disappointed Combo which I have to say I found fantastic moved over to Insight nobly because of the potential that hasn’t come to fruition.