RH after keto

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Spoke to my GP this morning. Said in his 36 years practising I'm the first non diabetic RH patient he's seen.Have been referred to endocrinologist but no idea on time frame to get seen. He obv told me keto wasn't good and the body needs carbs... yada yada. For now I will looks to get all of my carbs from fruit/veg and see how my body responds.
At least you have the referral, it is just one more step on the road to diagnosis, at least he admitted his lack of training.

I can eat some fruits in small amounts, and my advice is to spread it out and eat as part of your % of carbs you allow yourself! Vegetables other than salad, I do have a problem with!

Let us know how you get on.

Tony4456

He told me not to drive too, is that just temp? I work from home so it wont cause me any issues so im lucky cus Id imagine thats a disaster for a lot of people.

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
He told me not to drive too, is that just temp? I work from home so it wont cause me any issues so im lucky cus Id imagine thats a disaster for a lot of people.

Don't panic as yet
This is advice, as given if you are having repeat hypos., as you should not drive in that case! But you still have not had a true diagnosis and you know the symptoms now! You should check your blood glucose levels before you drive and every two hours after or if you feel the symptoms. Don't drive below 4mmols and eat small bites of cheese or similar every time you test.
However, if you are diagnosed with RH, you will probably be told to inform DVLA, they, when I contacted to see if I could get a provisional licence was told no! But they didn't have a clue what RH is, or understand the non diabetic hypo stuff! Typical!
Take your glucometer everywhere with you! And never drive if you feel, weird or headache or blurred vision or tired! Take good rests with plenty of water and low carb bites!
If you don't think it is advisable to drive then dont. Same as drinking alcohol and driving, just better not driving!
If in doubt don't!

Best wishes

Reactions: Tony4456