Always low on a night

Smiler99

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Needles
Try searching Carb Loading on YouTube if very active during the day. I've been doing so for the last fortnight. It works great
Sorry @Ipodlistener I had to have a break from all things, yes in the honeymoon period diagnosed 10 months at the end of the month, my ratio is 20% on a evening its more like 30% but then sometimes depends what I eat its 20%, it's tuff getting it right

Smiler99

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Needles
I'm just another diabetic who got diagnosed in November last year. I take my long acting before bed. Abasaglar that is. That's the one I've lowered first when going low or eating too much during the day. If you're in the honeymoon phase too the ratio for Novorapid doesn't work. You have to adjust to find a sweet spot. I only take 2-3 units for meals upto 80g of carbs. Your diabetes isn't gonna go away. As long as you do things gradually I'm sure you'll get there. Hope this helps. If you can or have got Libre2 it helps a lot
@Ipodlistener I was diagnosed end of July my average is great mine just seems to go low on a night before bed just in 4s or 5s thanks for your comments

Ipodlistener

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Idiots
@Ipodlistener I was diagnosed end of July my average is great mine just seems to go low on a night before bed just in 4s or 5s thanks for your comments
Hey! I don't check this everyday. I always make sure I eat 4 hours before bed. If I've had alcohol it'll most definitely be lower than it should be. I always check BG an hour before bed. However sometimes Libre2 can show a lower reading for some reason. Anything 7-7.5 or above is good for me. In that last hour before bed is the time to react. But not to over do it. I don't really do much in that 4 hours before bed which helps too. Hope this helps

Reactions: Yaya10_10

Smiler99

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Needles
Hey! I don't check this everyday. I always make sure I eat 4 hours before bed. If I've had alcohol it'll most definitely be lower than it should be. I always check BG an hour before bed. However sometimes Libre2 can show a lower reading for some reason. Anything 7-7.5 or above is good for me. In that last hour before bed is the time to react. But not to over do it. I don't really do much in that 4 hours before bed which helps too. Hope this helps
I fell out with libre2 it was going off all the time I had 3 the same it caused to much stress any way yes I like my blood sugar at that too anything over 7 is good for me thanks for your comment

Reactions: Ipodlistener