Turmeric supplements

peterjohn1965

Morning
I am type 2 and 57 years old. I have some issues with my joints aching after playing golf / gardening.
I have been reading about taking a turmeric supplement which reports noticeable benefits to aching joints and muscular stiffness . I do take metformin,statin and a beta blocker. Anybody else taking turmeric? What’s your experience with it?
many thanks in advance.
Peter

Reactions: amvital

Gracie204

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
We all react differently to supplements. Why not purchase some turmeric capsules, they are not expensive, and see if you reap any benefits. They are said to reduce inflammation in the body and will certainly do no harm. Some people swear by them.

Pura Vida

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning
I am type 2 and 57 years old. I have some issues with my joints aching after playing golf / gardening.
I have been reading about taking a turmeric supplement which reports noticeable benefits to aching joints and muscular stiffness . I do take metformin,statin and a beta blocker. Anybody else taking turmeric? What’s your experience with it?
many thanks in advance.
Peter
I have been talking Tumeric in power for 20 years and have no pain anywhere

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I used to take it as I have oesteoarthritis, it seemed to ease my joint pain, however I started to bruise very easily and as turmeric can thin your blood I took the decision to stop it. I now take ginger instead which seems to be equally as good.