My local hospital.

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Just to let people know that certain departments within my local small hospital have been closed temporarily since yesterday, because of the number of staff that have contracted covid. This hospital is a small hospital dealing with minor issues and a GP practice. It is not the main hospital in the area.
I know this because my appointment was cancelled for this morning.Also a member of my family has been put on duties to prepare for another surge in the near future.
Covid has not gone away and once again it's taking a tool on those who work within our NHS while the Tory government destroy it!

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
It was reported this morning on breakfast need that the numbers of people infected with covid amongst them two new variants has grown to over one and a half million so far this week.
A summer surge had been forecast, but even this has caused dissension in the scientific community and SAGE.

A
Apparently, and no surprise, the government is deaf! Good job the tests are free or.....................!

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Today, I finally had my steroid injection for my arthritic thumb.
I also had my booster jab (4th)
Two birds with one stone!
I had a conversation with staff, nurses, and they were telling everyone about being careful around other people, especially big crowds, apparently all staff have been warned about covid duties, as the number of cases, and I mean hospitilisations have soared again for the third week running.
And more importantly the inside gossip is about the forthcoming industrial action by medical staff!
The country has begun to really falling apart.
We're totally ...........!

Hopeful34

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Am glad you've had your 2 injections Lamont, and hope that the steroid one has helped your thumb.

Reactions: Lamont D

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Am glad you've had your 2 injections Lamont, and hope that the steroid one has helped your thumb.

My left arm and hand was totally useless and in agony yesterday (laying it on thick here) but a lot better today, hopefully tomorrow, I'll be pain free!

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
BA5 covid variants have raised the number of infections and re-infections has risen 27% in a week!
the SAGE scientists recommend wearing face masks preferably F FP masks.
All over Europe have already imposed sanctions in public places.
Only the UK, are relying on testing in hospitals or surgery to get results. And SAGE say the numbers of infections could be a lot higher! Scotland is one in fifteen people have covid.

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Another hospital appointment for the now arthritis in my hands, thumb is pain free now!
Have been given compression gloves to ease and support my hands. Comfortable but warm!

Anyhow had another covid flow test before examination. Negative. Given new mask in reception, hand sanitiser in the lobby and seating a metre apart. All staff are wearing the recommended masks and been told to wear appropriate PPE, in certain wards. Meetings going on about further hospital restrictions, especially getting prepared, as previously reported, and balance between the backlog and new cases with covid wards on special preparedness.

Please wear your mask, we olduns need you to!
Not for your protection, but mine!

Hopeful34

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Glad your thumb is pain free @Lamont D, that's good news. Hope the compression gloves help the arthritis.