Feel hypo when high!?

Stuboy

Dislikes
Crowds. Being high. Being Hypo.
I've never really suffered from odd feelings when im high before, but this morning im waking up at 10.8 :( it's been well over an hour and i've had a correction shot about 15 minutes ago, i kinda feel hypo, shakey inside and a bit light headed... I usually just feel lathergic and pee more.

Anyone else feel like this when high? Is it normal?

crafteclaire

Dislikes
cheats and liers
How quickly do your correction doses usually take to kick in? Is it rapid acting insulin? I find that I feel hypo when my bms drop rapidly, and you said your correction was 15 mins ago ... have you checked again to see what's happening there?

I have suffered with massive swings in blood sugars for many years (prior to starting on low carb diet, that is!) and have frequently felt hypo when high - and when I say high, I can be talking about bms in the 20s or even 30s in the extreme. Sometimes, it's not about where you are now, but where you've been and how quickly your bm is changing.

Basically, its a pain in the butt!! :roll:

Stuboy

Dislikes
i wasn't feeling hypo after the shot, i felt hypo before the shot so it definatly wasn't the correction.

I actually went UP an hour after the correction unit to 11.1. so i took another 2 units and came down to 6.9 an hour later. then 4.7 before walking to greggs for lunch, not im just starting to eat im 3.2 grrr

i was feeling fine my numbers were in a normal range, but i've never felt hypo before whilst high...

hanadr

Expert
Dislikes
soaps on telly and people talking about the characters as if they were real.
What are you high on?
Are you taking something that masks other syptoms?
Excuse my bluntness ( I am an old grandma!)
But that seems stupid to me. Why risk your life for something so useless as getting high?
If you need to get away from something, there must be someething more constructive you can do.
YES
I am being judgemental
Your metabolism is faulty. You are diabetic.
What other part of you do you want to disable?

Stuboy

Dislikes
ummm

think you got the wrong end of the shtick here hana...

High Blood Sugar!

Im VERY anti drug person, i've never taken any form of illegal substances and i never intend to either, i've never even smoked, not even tried it.

You can rest assured that the only drugs im on are NovoRapid and Levemir! lol Occasionally some immodium, gaviscon or paracetamol... lol

crafteclaire

Dislikes
cheats and liers
Stu,

Could it be your avatar that's misled hanar? lol :lol:

I can't answer your question, if thats the case, unless you're coming down with a cold or something and the 'illness coming on' feeling just felt like a hypo - that's happened to me before.

If anyone more experienced has any ideas, I'd like to hear them too, as I can quite often feel low when high too, and have no idea why. It's most annoying, especially if you're caught short without a bm machine at the time as you can end up taking food to correct the hypo and just make yourself 100 times worse. :(

Sorry Stu .... you feeling better now, though??

Katharine

Steven my son acts like he is low when he is high too. You get some surprises with the diabetes thing ! I think that it is probably because he is in the normal range so much of the time that he is like this. Eg vagueness, silly mistakes and dizzy feeling. He does not however feel hungry which is only a low blood sugar symptom.

hanadr

Expert
Dislikes
soaps on telly and people talking about the characters as if they were real.
Dear Stuboy
Iapologise if i misread your post. I don't mean to malign anyone. Still what you wrote is a bit ambiguous.

Stuboy

Dislikes
i did chuckle!!

I find it more frustrating when im bolus'ing for my carbs and i still come out high 2 horus after the meal... all day yesterday i hovered at about 11 (apart from the pre lunch low after corrections).

I just seems so un-explained. Looking at my graphs in the onetouch software it really looks like im just bouncing up and down from hypo to high to hypo.

Im glad im off to the diabetes clinic on monday, hopefully they can help me sort this out... im usually OK to get myself back on track when things go out of wack but this time round nothing i do seems to be working!

i do feel better now... today has been *ok*, bar the 8.4 reading before i went out for lunch, ill forgive that it was only 2 horus after meal and it usually comes down a little more by the three horu mark.