Peebles post

CarbsRok

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
pasta ice cream and chocolate
After reading the last comments by Peebles! I have to wonder if someone has been rather naughty and has logged in using her account as no such posts of this nature have been made before.

ladybird64

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Dishonesty, selfishness and lack of empathy.
CarbsRok said:
After reading the last comments by Peebles! I have to wonder if someone has been rather naughty and has logged in using her account as no such posts of this nature have been made before.

Yep they have CR, another charming one yesterday or the day before.

Not sure what the problem is but she obviously has issues, can't think of any other reason to post the kind of stuff she has done.

I'm just leaving her to get on with it :roll:

Pneu

Indeed best to ignore these sorts of people, odd how lots of these accounts just pop up to make outrageous comments when things were just starting to calm down

CarbsRok

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
pasta ice cream and chocolate
Would it not be a better solution to suspend the account until it can be verified as to who is actually posting with it? Pebbles herself has been a member for a few years, so I am shocked to say the least that she would post things like that. So has her computer been hacked or not?

Unbeliever

Maybe she is just going through a bad patch. She may be tired or ill. It could even be her way of askig a question. I am sure someone kows the technnical term for saying somethig just so you can be cotradicted ad thereby reassured. People often do that :(

chocoholicnomore

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I was surprised too. I read back her previous posts and there was nothing untoward in them. They seemed perfectly normal and reasonable. This latest does seem to be out of character. Maybe one of the mods could e-mail her just to check it is her that is posting.

I would hate to think that someone could hack in and post nasty comments in my name and, if it did happen, I would want to know about it.

If it is her posting and she does have issues then she has been a member long enough to know that we are here to help each other.

Pneu

It is not unknown for people to create accounts and post on them perfectly normally only for them then to be used in a manor to try and provoke a response... Plenty of these sorts of accounts have been banned in the past. Its a sad but unfortunate fact.

Defren

It is quite simple for any forum admin to check the ISP Of all users. If they suspect two accounts are by one person, then they are easily outed. I see no point in people doing this unless they wish to troll. A troll will appear on any online community and can usually be spotted very quickly. Troll behaviour usually follows a very well known path.

xyzzy

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Undeserving authority figures of all kinds and idiots.
Defren said:
It is quite simple for any forum admin to check the ISP Of all users.

Actually no Defren it isn't. As an IT professional I could tell you at least two simple ways YOU from your PC could stop your posts revealing either your IP address or what ISP you use. That knowledge makes it very easy for someone to set up multiple accounts and have multiple "personalities". The admins have to rely on the odd occasion when they forget to use the stealth tactics and notice that two accounts are mysteriously and suddenly being driven from the same IP.

Defren

xyzzy said:
Defren said:
It is quite simple for any forum admin to check the ISP Of all users.

Actually no Defren it isn't. As an IT professional I could tell you at least two simple ways YOU from your PC could stop your posts revealing either your IP address or what ISP you use. That knowledge makes it very easy for someone to set up multiple accounts and have multiple "personalities". The admins have to rely on the odd occasion when they forget to use the stealth tactics and notice that two accounts are mysteriously and suddenly being driven from the same IP.

Ahh yes, the magical cloak, and I suppose you could also do it with your normal ISP as one name and a dongle as another. Proxy's are also quite handy :angel:

borofergie

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Racism, Sexism, Homophobia
Defren said:
It is quite simple for any forum admin to check the ISP Of all users. If they suspect two accounts are by one person, then they are easily outed. I see no point in people doing this unless they wish to troll. A troll will appear on any online community and can usually be spotted very quickly. Troll behaviour usually follows a very well known path.

Does that work? I use the internet from lots of places and lots of devices (laptops, phones and tablets). Even at home, my ISP doesn't provide me with a static IP address, so it changes every 24 hours or so.

Defren

borofergie said:
Defren said:

Does that work? I use the internet from lots of places and lots of devices (laptops, phones and tablets). Even at home, my ISP doesn't provide me with a static IP address, so it changes every 24 hours or so.

Your provider uses a roaming address, many do. I have a static address with the provider I am with. Yes, a dongle will be a different ISP it's likely from a different supplier. Cloaks and proxy's are in my view only used for two purposes. 1. Internet privacy 2. Internet mischief. I don't use either - ever, and would be suspicious of anyone who did TBH.

chocoholicnomore

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Grazer said:
Is a dongle a thing you should keep hidden under your cloak?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Oh Grazer, that was so funny. I was just getting into the seriousness of it all and trying to figure out what it meant then I read your post and just burst into hysterical laughter.

Thanks