Weight loss/diet app

Sarah69

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Anything healthy!
Now I have set up my cross trainer and will be making small changes to my diet can anyone recommend an English website where I can record diet and weight loss? Thanks

Elc1112

There's an iPhone app called MyFitnessPal. It's free and quite good for recording food. It relies on members to input data so it's not always 100% accurate, but it's good enough :) You can access your profile via their website too.

I also use the good old stickers on the fridge method to monitor weight loss. I get a sticker for each pound I lose. If I put a pound on I lose a sticker. Once I get x stickers I buy myself a treat. Sounds a bit childish, I know, but it works for me! :)

Gappy

Dislikes
hypocrisy, prejudice and the corrupt legal system (never got compensation I deserved from an accident)
I have an app called "simple weight loss" it does just that, records your weight loss, draws it's own graph & if you program in your height it'll do your bmi too. It was free online for an android phone

MaryJ

hi Anderson,

After trying to lose weight all my adult life, I've finally found a way for it to drop off.

Stop dieting and don't control your weight, control your blood glucose.

I.E eat to your meter, drop the carbs to as low as you can manage.

I didn't compensate with extra fat added to food but I don't worry either re what's in the food . ie bacon and eggs, great for low carb, don't even consider the fat content.

On diets in the past I would have considered this breakfast as 'cheating'.

I can only speak for myself but eating in this way I've lost 26lb since Xmas and brought my HBA1c down to 5.99%.

I do record my foods and weight on myfitnesspal,

Good luck

mary x