Type 2 suspicions

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
I hope this is okay to post and as I am not diagnosed with diabetes but I have been having signs of something for a while.
I didnt want to waste anyone's time mainly as if true its my fault due to my diet specifically but its effecting my work so I have a GP call on Friday.

This is what is going on....
I drink water all the time and pee a lot
I'm also tired 90% of the time no matter how much sleep I get.
I have blurry vision that comes and goes
I also have something else that comes and goes and when I looked into it online, diabetes is listed as a factor (I no using google isnt the way but its not serious problem and I just wondered about it)

I just wondered if this is consistent with what anyone else had experienced before being diagnosed or am I just being making something out of nothing?

Thank you for your time

mouseee

You've made the right choice in contacting drs. Glad you have a phone appt at least. I was diagnosed without seeing a Dr face to face and it worked well.
Those symptoms definitely match T2 symptoms and I recognise them! I'm going to assume that the Dr will book you a blood test and in only a couple of days the results of thr hba1c will be in.
If you are diabetic then it is possible to make a big improvement with diet. I am happy with medications to help me but many can reduce blood sugar without.
Stick around and ask questions- this is a good corner of the internet!

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi @shadowoftheday , welcome to the forum.
I hope this is okay to post and as I am not diagnosed with diabetes but I have been having signs of something for a while.
I didnt want to waste anyone's time mainly as if true its my fault due to my diet specifically but its effecting my work so I have a GP call on Friday.
Yes, it's perfectly fine to post with suspicions and questions without a diagnosis!

Whatever the cause of your symptoms, you're not wasting anyones time, least of all your GP's.
Should it turn out you do have diabetes, it is not your fault. It's impossible to eat yourself a way into diabetes if you do not have a predisposition to it. (https://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/threads/dont-involve-yourself-in-the-blame-game.21894/)

The symptoms you mention match mine before diagnosis and treatment, but then again, they're pretty general symptoms, you won't get a diagnosis on those symptoms alone.
It takes a simple blood test to diagnose or rule out diabetes, and I expect your GP will order one.

Let us know what happens!

JoKalsbeek

Expert
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

This is what is going on....
I drink water all the time and pee a lot
I'm also tired 90% of the time no matter how much sleep I get.
I have blurry vision that comes and goes
I also have something else that comes and goes and when I looked into it online, diabetes is listed as a factor (I no using google isnt the way but its not serious problem and I just wondered about it)

I just wondered if this is consistent with what anyone else had experienced before being diagnosed or am I just being making something out of nothing?

Thank you for your time
We can't diagnose, but yeah... You're doing the right thing, getting looked at. When you speak to your doc, do request a HbA1c and when you get the results, make sure you get the actual number, not just a "good" or "diabetic", because you do need to know what point you're starting from to see whether there's improvement. Because I'll say that now: once you know what's going on, you can get a handle on things and start feeling better. Whether it's diabetes or something else, knowledge is power.

Hugs, and good luck!
Jo

Paul_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
You're definitely doing the right thing, @shadowoftheday. Your first 3 symptoms you listed are exactly matching what I experienced prior to diagnosis. However, my GP could only book me in for an appointment 6 days after the day I phoned them, so I bought a blood glucose monitor, followed the instructions forum members here had posted on how to test, and basically "diagnosed" myself before I had my appointment where the official diagnosis process kicked off.

Please don't feel you're wasting anyone's time, be that ours here or a GP's. If you need anything, members here have loads of experience and this forum has made my personal T2 diabetes journey so much easier. It can be a daunting diagnosis, so just shout if you need anything, the forum here and its members are amazing!

Let us know how the call goes today, if you don't mind doing so.

Last edited:
Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Thanks for comments
I don't think they were very convinced of what I was saying but they let me book at blood test anyway so that's something.

Reactions: flonvic and Antje77

Chris24Main

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@shadowoftheday - do let us know how the tests go.
Personally, I was only aware of drinking and peeing too much after a random checkup that included blood sugar tests revealed something out of the ordinary - well done for getting yourself checked out.
I'm very new here myself, but definitely find this an incredibly supportive place; would encourage you to say whatever you need..