• Guest - w'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the 2026 Survey »

Can Anyone Please Recommend Good Books or Websites on Prediabetes and Lifestyle Changes?

John James

Newbie
Messages
1
Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello everyone,

I would be grateful for recommendations for credible, evidence-based resources on prediabetes and reducing the risk of progression to type 2 diabetes through diet, exercise, weight management and other sustainable lifestyle changes.

I would particularly appreciate suggestions for:

- trustworthy UK or US websites or organisations;

- well-researched books for the general reader;

- practical guidance on diet, exercise and weight management;

- resources covering wider metabolic health, including cardiovascular and liver health;

- balanced explanations of conflicting advice around carbohydrates, fasting and different dietary approaches.

If there are any books, videos, websites or other resources you’ve found especially useful, I’d be very grateful for your recommendations.

Many thanks for any recommendations.

Kind regards,

John
 
Hello everyone,

I would be grateful for recommendations for credible, evidence-based resources on prediabetes and reducing the risk of progression to type 2 diabetes through diet, exercise, weight management and other sustainable lifestyle changes.

I would particularly appreciate suggestions for:

- trustworthy UK or US websites or organisations;

- well-researched books for the general reader;

- practical guidance on diet, exercise and weight management;

- resources covering wider metabolic health, including cardiovascular and liver health;

- balanced explanations of conflicting advice around carbohydrates, fasting and different dietary approaches.

If there are any books, videos, websites or other resources you’ve found especially useful, I’d be very grateful for your recommendations.

Many thanks for any recommendations.

Kind regards,

John
There's a number of book reviews on this forum thread. If you're starting from scratch I'd go for something by Dr David Cavan. He's an NHS consultant endocrinologist, and I think his "How to Reverse Type 2 Diabetes and Prediabetes" would at least give you a start on what you're looking for.
 
Back
Top