dont know what to do

carlos37

posted on here about a month ago after rejoning had my meds increased and was told to go back for another blood test witch i have done today getting results
the reason i am posting this is that since have started retesting over a month ago my bs are 19.8 18.7 in the morn
i take the glizerzide when i come home from work there avg 16 11.7
and then again at night they are way up to 18 19
i dont know what else can do to bring them down have tried everything going seeing a good doctor this afternoon so hope they will have some answers are there any more oral meds they can give you
or is it time to ask about insulin or victoza

Daibell

Master
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi. Are you overweight hence probably insulin resistant? I note you are on Gliclazide but are you also on Metformin which is normally the first tablet to be prescribed? Sitagliptin is a further tablet that your GP might consider (see NICE Diabetes Guidelines) before taking an injectable. As Louiseb has said diet is so important for T2s so do reduce your carb intake if you aren't already doing so.

carlos37

got results yesterday she was quite happy it had come down from 11.9 3 half wk ago to 10.8 so she said id only been taking two glizercide for 7 week so at least after 1 year of keep going up it had steaded itself she gave me another glizercide 40 mg to take with another meal as i explained it was at night time it was going up she told me to come back in two month i have tgone low carb and am definetley not overweigt she reffered me to diettitian and a nurse so it will be the usual advice again
will stick on this route and just hope they keep comining down thanks for the info

Daibell

Master
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi. As you are not overweight I can understand why you are on Gliclazide rather then Metformin as your pancreas may need some stimulation rather than needing the Met to help with insulin resistance. I'm on max dose 320 mg Gliclazide but as my pancreas is obviously knackered it doesn't help much. Yes, stick with the low carb even though you don't have a weight problem (neither do I) as it's often the only way to help get the BS down.