Christmas Cake

Lenny3

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
not much
Hi, just wondering if anyone had a good low carb reciepe for a fruit christmas cake? I know its quite early, but i usually make mine about oct then feed it brandy till christmas. So thought i might need to do I trial before I make the final one.

Thanks

smidge

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi Lenny,

There are plenty of recipes to make a decent low-carb cake, but the dried fruit is very difficult. I think dried cranberries and apricots might be a bit better, but really, dried fruit is hgh in sugar will make the cake high carb. I think you might have to think laterally on this one and maybe have a fresh berry cake or something instead.

Sorry, that's not much help - maybe WhitbyJet will be along in a while with a good idea!

Smidge

WhitbyJet

Lenny3 said:
Hi, just wondering if anyone had a good low carb reciepe for a fruit christmas cake? I know its quite early, but i usually make mine about oct then feed it brandy till christmas. So thought i might need to do I trial before I make the final one.

Thanks

Lenny, I have a recipe for you, check your PM

hanadr

Expert
Dislikes
soaps on telly and people talking about the characters as if they were real.
WJ
I'd love a copy of that recipe too
Hana

Ann19

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Could I have a copy of it too please?

Thanks
Ann

dazzer1975

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
People mainly.
many thanks for this, looks gorgeous mmmmmmm lol

WhitbyJet

tree-peony said:
could you post it here WJ?

(thinks ~ I haven't made real Xmas cake for donkeys years anyway!!)

Sorry I am not posting the recipe in the open forum, I dont want to be awkward but this recipe was devised between myself and my mother in law, lots of trial and error gone into it until we got a good result, we shared the recipe with many, my mother in laws friend posted it on an American forum and promptly was landed with a law suit, still ongoing issue!!
Some clot reckons the recipe is copyrighted and was stolen from him, he is about to bring out a cookery book. Its rubbish, absolute rubbish of course, and in any case how many of us cook something really nice and then pass on the recipe to friends and family??
Happy to send out the recipe via PM to anyone who wants it.

Lenny3

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
not much
Thank you very Much WJ, I shall start gathering the ingredients for a trial run.

WhitbyJet

Lenny3 said:
Thank you very Much WJ, I shall start gathering the ingredients for a trial run.

Lenny adapt the recipe to your own liking, eg if you dont want to add rum, use a mixture of more syrup and tea or play around with the spices or fruit content, double quantities for a bigger cake, etc
I decorate with marzipan, top it with nuts and gold dust over to make it look festive.

sue32

Dislikes
false people
Any chance of a copy? Pretty please? I live alone now, and I love Christmas cake, but buying one is really a no go for me!!