Booking my flu jab tomorrow.

dawnmc

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
I will stick with Echinacea, haven't had a cold or flu in 28 yrs.

sunnshine1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Three years' ago had the 'flu jab and a couple of weeks later had severe breathing problems, this was because my underactive thyroid went overactive which was the cause of my breathing problems! After this experience, did not want the 'flu jab.

I cannot forget, however, my mother once had the 'flu and she was very ill and ended up in hospital. It was very frightening.

Had the 'flu jab last year on a Saturday and just had a sore arm, but by the evening had a temperature, which was bearable, took some paracetamol and also on the Sunday and stayed in bed all day. The following Monday was right as rain. Am booked in for the 'flu jab next Saturday and will take some paracetamol once home.

susanmanley

I have had the flu jab since I was a young thing except for about 3 years in the middle when I got flu. My son called it the pain and we all suffered a lot. This made me realise how important it is.
It can give discomfort sometimes and make you feel coldy but that is better than the real thing

Booking mine on Monday

viviennem

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Football. Bad manners.
I'm lucky in that I never react to injections, and I usually grab everything that I'm offered! I shall be asking if the jabs are in yet next time I pass the surgery. I had flu in 2008 and I honestly thought I was going to die. I hardly slept for 36 hours because I had to wake up every time I needed to swallow. Some thoughtful person had wedged a golf ball studded with razor blades across the back of my throat.

I had the pneumonia jab just after I turned 60 - do check with your doctor, Ladybird, you are definitely on the 'at risk' list - or at least the one my practice uses! I had mine at the same time as my flu jab - one in each arm :shock: - in 2009.

Viv 8)

Unbeliever

ladybird64 said:
Thanks for the link AM. Anna, it was my practice nurse at the surgery that told me I didn't fit into the at risk groups.

Your experience Ladybird , reminds me of he problem my husband had last year. he had his flu jab and as he was leaving a nurse rushed out after him to offer him the pneumonia jab. He tolfd her he had had it some years agoo, She insisted it as not on his record . He said that it was done when he was a patient lsewhere but if it was a problem he was quite willing o have it again.

She was horrified and continued to question im about the date he had had he pbneumonia jab but he couldn't remeber.
When he got home he received no fewer han 3 calls from he surgery , they were checking his records in pursuit of he elusive jab.

Evenually he go a call from a very shirty Practice Nurse. {there are several -all equally shirty} . She gave him a thorough scolding for misleading them and practically acccused him of lying. he couldn't possibly have had the jab before joining the practice as he would not have been old enough. He genly pointed out that he has been asthmatic for several years and that is why the pneumoia jab was offerded o him at an annual review. There was a silence, hen a clicking of keys and hen the phone was slammed down without another word! They had spent several hours looking at his records and none of hem had noticed that he suffered from asthma!

anna29

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Cruelty to Animals/Children
Liars/Manipulators/Bullying
Hi All.
Had my flu jab done yesterday, bit of a sore right arm last night.
Fine this morning - sore arm gone! :thumbup:
Had jab done later than originally planned as I hurt my
back lifting our 3yr old granddaughter up...
Torn muscle in it (still painful) :problem:
Anna.

DickM

My Nurse Practitioner always offers me my Flu Jab at my October review, always accept it and have never suffered any discomfort or reactions to it. Due it on Tuesday 23rd Oct.